Yorkshire 3 Peaks in 3 Days
- Duration: Long weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Charity Events
- April, May, June, July, August, September, October
About this Adventure
To complete this route is to undertake one of the great outdoor challenges of the UK. The scenery is dramatic and ever changing, wildlife abounds as do carpets of flowers encouraged by the nutrient rich soils of the Limestone pavement. We start and finish in the sleepy village of Horton-in-Ribblesdale, from here we can observe much of the route that lies waiting for discovery. Each evening we return to nearby accommodation where an evening meal can be enjoyed. All transfers during the trip are provided and all are short
- 3 days guiding by experienced guides
- Total Distance - 37km/23 miles
- Ascent: 1381m/4531ft
- Walking time: 6 hours each day
- Amazing scenery through the Yorkshire Dales
- We run this trip between April and October
- Start & finish in Horton-in-Ribblesdale village
The trip starts on a Thursday and finishes on the Sunday. At the start of your trip you will meet your guide who is a qualified mountain leader. A typical itinerary may look like this:
Day 1 - Thursday: Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check. Relaxing evening meal.
Day 2 - Friday: Breakfast is followed by a short transfer to the official start line. We aim to set out walking at 10am. Following our chosen route we make an ascent of Pen y Ghent, the first of our 3 mountains. We can enjoy a packed lunch whilst on the walk before making an early return to our accommodation and an evening meal. Distance today is 8.5 miles.
Day 3 - Saturday: Again we will aim to be walking by 10am, this gives plenty of time for a leisurely breakfast. Collect a packed lunch & transfer to Ribblehead for start of walk. We follow the famous viaduct for some way before ascending Whernside, the highest land in Yorkshire at 736m. Transfer back to accommodation for an evening meal. Distance today is 7 miles.
Day 4 - Sunday: Following on the leisurely theme, we begin walking at 10am today, allowing plenty of time to prepare, eat breakfast & collect a packed lunch. A short transfer takes us back to where we finished yesterday. From here we begin an ascent of Ingleborough, on route there is much landscape to enjoy, including huge areas of Limestone pavement and all the wild flowers this brings. A gentle descent sees us back in Horton in time for an evening meal. Distance today is 7.5 miles.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. Every effort is made to fit the course around your needs and abilities.
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders, who are also qualified first aiders.
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to fully enjoy the day.
- Group first aid kit.
- Liability Insurance. We have Public and Product Liability Insurance. We recommend participants have their own personal and accident insurance.