Alpine Skills Weekend
- Duration: Long weekend
- Climbs and Mountains
- Mid June, July, August, Mid September
About this Adventure
If you are interested in finding out what it is like travelling in the high mountains, want a 'refresher' or just a great long week end away, then look no further. During this 3 day course you will be given an overview of what the Alps are about, take your fist trip onto a glacier, learn crevasse rescue techniques and see the Alpine peaks up close. The final day will be used to put these skills into practice on a mountain in the area
- 3 days guiding by qualified mountain guides.
- We'll pick you up and drop you off at Geneva Airport.
- Comfortable hotel accommodation and mountain huts.
- We run this trip between mid June and mid September.
- Set open dates or bespoke courses for individuals to larger groups - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years experience in providing these courses.
- You need to be pretty fit and have a head for heights.
- Get a taste for the Alps - just like we have!
The trip is run over a long weekend from Friday to Monday, however if you would like to do this at any other time then please contact us. During your trip you will meet your mountain guide on the morning of the first instruction day. You should arrive the afternoon/evening before this for you to be ready for the start of the course. At this time they will go through the plan for the coming days and carry out an equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to enable you to enjoy the following days.
Thursday: Pick up at Geneva Airport and transfer to Chamonix. Overnight at hotel in Chamonix ready for the coming days.
Friday: Equipment check, alpine ropework, glacier travel and crevasse rescue, prussiking techniques, weather & hazards, using huts. Overnight at hotel.
Saturday: Ascend to mountain hut. Further glacier training, navigation and route choice. Overnight at mountain hut. (for example, Albert 1er at 2700m).
Sunday: Put the above skills into practice on a peak in the area. Possible objectives include Petite Fourche (3520m) and Aiguille du Tour (3544m). Afternoon descent to valley and hotel. It is possible to return that evening, however we would recommend staying an extra night.
Monday: Transfer to Geneva Airport for the journey home.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain guides.
- Arrival and departure transport between Geneva Airport and Chamonix.
- 3 nights twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement.
- 1 night half board accommodation in a mountain hut.
- Group gear - ropes etc.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Hire of mountain boots: £45
- Lunches, snacks, drinks, etc: £50
- Cable cars: £50
- Personal Insurance: £25
- Flights: £125