The Complete Climber
- Duration: 1 week
- Climbs and Mountains
- April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
About this Adventure
This intensive course will provide participants with the skills to move from single pitch climbing to advanced multi-pitch climbing in a short space of time. It is intended for those who want to make the move from indoors climbing to outdoors, or for those who have done very little climbing, who have the inclination and resolve to progress their climbing swiftly
- Location - Either north Wales, the Lake District or Scotland - enquire for details.
- Duration - Six nights' accommodation, six days climbing.
- Meet on Saturday afternoon / evening, finish the following Friday afternoon/evening.
- This trip is possible from April to November.
- Group gear - ropes etc.
- Experience - This course is for those with no experience of climbing through to those with some indoor climbing experience who want to make the move outside; you will also need the drive to want to challenge yourself and rapidly improve your skills.
We normally run this trip over the course of a week, Saturday night to Friday afternoon, however if you would like to do this at any other time then please contact us.
You will meet your instructor when you arrive at your accommodation. At this time they will go through plans for the weekend and carry out an equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to enable you to enjoy the following days.
A typical itinerary may look like this:
Saturday Arrive at venue; meet with your instructor and the rest of your group
Sunday Basic skills overview and safety briefing, then tuition on site
Monday - Friday Continued training and practice of learned skills
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness and weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
- Professional organisation of the event
- Minimum qualification of guides are single pitch award and a Mountain Instructor Award.
- Briefings, instruction, route planning and equipment checks to make sure that you have everything you need.
- Six nights' twin hotel accommodation with breakfast; an extra nights' accommodation at the end of the course can be arranged for a supplement, should you wish.
- All ground transport during the course to the course locations and back to the hotel.
- Transfers from airports will be available for a supplement.
- Group gear - ropes etc.
- Group first aid with qualified first aiders.