Ben Nevis North Face Climber
- Duration: Long weekend
- Climbs and Mountains
- May, June, July, August, September, October
About this Adventure
Ben Nevis is a deceptively rounded mountain from most sides except the north, where its huge, soaring, dark cliffs and impressive amphitheatres drop deep into the glen. This face can feel like a cold, dark, forbidding cauldron one minute and a sun-drenched, sheer mountainside the next
- Location - Ben Nevis, Scotland, the highest peak in the UK.
- Duration - Two nights' accommodation, two days climbing.
- Meet on Friday evening, finish Sunday afternoon/evening.
- Trip possible from May to October.
- Experience - dependent on routes attempted, but as a minimum, you should be seconding on very severe (VS) routes.
The content of this course is very much decided by your prior experience and goals. You may wish to be guided up the classic routes, opt for a more instructive trip enabling you to become an independent climber, or perhaps combine the two.
- Technical equipment hire (excluding shoes) £25.00 per person
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person
We normally run this trip over the weekend, Friday night to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time then please contact us.
You will meet your instructor when you arrive at your accommodation. At this time they will go through plans for the weekend and carry out an equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to enable you to enjoy the following days. A typical tour itinerary may look like this:
Day 1 - Friday: Arrive at venue; meet with your instructor and the rest of your group
Day 2 - Saturday: Decide on route; day one of climbing
Day 3 - Sunday: Choose another route; day two of climbing
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
Considering doing this challenge for charity?Pay a registration fee followed by a minimum fundraising target for your chosen charity. Call us on 01768 371289 for more information.
- Professional organisation of the event
- Minimum qualifications of guides are a Mountain Instructor Award. Ratio of instructor to clients is a maximum of 1 : 2.
- Briefings, instruction, route planning and equipment checks to make sure that you have everything you need.
- Two nights' twin hotel accommodation with breakfast. Single rooms are available for a supplement.
- Transfers from airports will be available for a supplement.
- Group gear - ropes etc.
- Group first aid with qualified first aiders.