Cycle London to Amsterdam
England, France, Belgium, Netherlands
- Duration: 4 nights, 5 days
- Charity Events
- Available during: April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
Cycle along beautiful canals, through picturesque villages and past farmlands famous for their springtime tulips
- 4 days’ of cycling
- 286 miles (463km) trip
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night in London prior to start (twin room, needs 2 people) £75.00 per person
- Extra night in London prior to start (single room) £120.00 per person
- Extra night in Amsterdam at end of event (single room) £120 per person
- Extra night in Amsterdam at end of event (twin room, needs 2 people) £75.00 per person
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies to cycle London to Amsterdam with. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this cycle tour over 4 nights, 5 days (4 cycling days), Wednesday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - London - Dover: The route takes in Greenwich Park, Shooters Hill and then follows the Thames corridor through to Dartford. From there you skirt Maidstone passing through Coxheath, Lenham and over the Kent Downs towards Folkestone. From Folkestone the route follows the coast northwards to Dover, where you will stay the night.
79 miles (129km)
Day 2 - Calais to Bruges: Three countries in one day. The day starts with an early morning ferry crossing and then we enjoy easy cycling on the lowlands of the Pas de Calais and the Flanders region of Belgium. Cycling via quiet country lanes, charming coastline, tree-lined canals and the historic town of Dunkirk we cross the border into Belgium finishing the day in the pretty town of Bruges.
73 miles (118km)
Day 3 - Bruges to Hellevoetsluis: From Bruges we enter the Netherlands, the ultimate cycling nation and head towards the coast cycling via the charming town of Sluis and past fields famous for their springtime tulips dotted with the odd windmill. Stopping at Breskens we take the small ferry to Vlissingen and cycle over the many waterways to Hellevoetsluis.
73 miles (118km)
Day 4 - Hellevoetsluis to Amsterdam: Cycling past long beaches, sand dunes and polders we ride on flat terrain on Holland’s excellent cycle network in this fascinating region almost all artificially created by huge dikes holding back the sea. Soon the Amsterdam is in our sights as we enter this cycle-friendly city riding beside beautiful canals and interesting buildings to our final stop at the grand Koninklijk Paleis.
61 miles (98km)
Day 5 - Amsterdam Free morning in Amsterdam before returning to London by Eurostar to collect your bikes from St Pancras.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, and weather conditions or for any other reason.
How to take part for Charity
Pay a £199 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. You can join any of our open London to Amsterdam Cycles, just select the date of your choice opposite and enter the name of your chosen charity in the group/charity section. For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
- 4 nights’ accommodation in good quality B&Bs or hotels with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s)
- Support vehicle
- All luggage transfers on cycle days
- Ferry crossings (Dover to Calais and Breskens to Vlissingen)
- Return transport via Eurostar to London
- Transport for bikes back to London
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Lunches and evening meals
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment. Please contact us for bike hire details.
Book a bespoke event starting on any dateWe run the London 2 Amsterdam Cycle as an open or bespoke event. Our open events run Wednesday to Sunday. For bookings of 8 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing. To book any number of participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course. Here's a list of the open events we have planned for 2017:
- Wed 12 - Sun 16 July 2017