Cycle London to Brussels (self-guided)
UK, France and Belgium
- Duration: 3 nights, 3 days' cycling
- Self Guided
- March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October
About this Adventure
Cycling London to Brussels in 3 days is one of the greatest and most enjoyable cycling challenges in Europe. Our route takes us through the beautiful Kent countryside and across the channel to Calais, where we cycle beside the stunning coastline of the Pas de Calais to Bruges. The final day we follow one of the nicest cycle routes in Belgium, riding beside the tree-lined canal to Ghent and onwards to celebrate our success in the beautiful city of Brussels. On your final day enjoy free time to sightsee in Brussels before catching the Eurostar back to London
- 3 days' self-guided cycling
- 217 miles (351km)
- Admire the medieval and opulent Art Nouveau architecture of the Flanders region
- Visit the historic cities of Bruges, Ghent and Brussels
- Ride through three countries in 3 days
This trip takes you through three different countries on a truly European cycle ride. In a long weekend, you cycle via the Dover - Calais crossing and the beautiful cities of Bruges and Ghent to the hip and quirky city of Brussels, the administrative capital of the EU.
Starting at Greenwich Observatory in London, cycle through the Kent countryside, the Pas de Calais and Flanders regions with time to enjoy the historical cities of Bruges, Ghent and Brussels. The ride finishes in one of the world's most beautiful squares, the Grand Place, in the centre of Brussels.
On a bike you feel the wind in your face, and get a real chance to explore some beautiful corners of England, France and Belgium on the way. Once out of London, you pass through one of the harder sections of the route, as you go through Kent and the North Downs. The countryside is verdant, and remarkably much as it was in past centuries.
From Calais you head along the Pas de Calais past long sandy beaches towards Dunkerk and inland to the very beautiful city of Bruges. The final day in the Flanders region of Belgium includes pleasant cycling along dedicated cycle paths via Ghent to Brussels. Celebrate your achievement as you cycle past fascinating gothic guild houses and Baroque buildings into the heart of Brussels. Enjoy a morning wandering through the medieval streets and perhaps visiting one of the great museums or visit the gothic Cathedral of Saints Michel and Gudule before taking the Eurostar back to London.
- Single room supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night prior to the start (single room) £95 per person
- Extra night prior to the start (twin room, needs 2 people) £75 per person
- Extra night at the end of the event (single room) £95 per person
- Extra night at the end of the event (twin room, needs 2 people) £75 per person
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
We normally run this trip over 4 days, Thursday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - London to Dover: Leaving Greenwich Park, the route takes in Shooters Hill and then follows the Thames corridor through to Dartford. From there you skirt Maidstone passing through Coxheath and Lenham and over the beautiful Kent Downs towards Folkestone. From Folkestone the route follows the coast northwards to Dover, where you find your bed for the night.
79 miles (129km)
Day 2 - Calais to Bruges: Three countries in one day. The day starts with an early morning ferry crossing and then you’ll enjoy easy cycling on the lowlands of the Pas de Calais and the Flanders region. Cycling along the coast and through the historic town of Dunkirk you’ll see reminders of WW1 and WW2 and cross the border into Belgium finishing the day in the pretty city of Bruges, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Make sure to sample the local Belgian beer and chocolate.
73 miles (118km)
Day 3 - Bruges to Brussels: Cycling on the traffic-free cycle lane beside the canal from Bruges to Ghent is a real pleasure. Admire the medieval architecture in Ghent and celebrate your achievement as you cycle into the Grand Place in the centre of the very beautiful city of Brussels.
65 miles (104km)
Day 4: Spend the morning exploring Brussels and its beautiful buildings and cathedrals before returning to London by Eurostar with your bikes.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only and can be subject to change.
Considering doing this challenge for charity?Pay a registration fee followed by a minimum fundraising target for your chosen charity. Call us on 01768 371289 for more information.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in 3 or 4 star hotels with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement.
- Road maps and directions
- Ferry crossing (Dover to Calais)
- Return transport via Eurostar to London
- Transport for bikes back to London via Eurostar
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment. Please contact us for bike hire details.
- Luggage transfers (carry your luggage on your bike)
- Guiding - please choose our 'Guided Cycle London to Brussels' trip if you would like this trip to be guided