Cycle London to Paris (3 days)
Southern England and Northern France
- Duration: 3 nights, 3 days
- Charity Events
- Available During: April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
Take on the challenge and cycle from London to Paris – two of the most iconic capital cities in the world. Cycle through picturesque villages and beautiful countryside. You will also pass battlefields and cathedrals. The feeling of the wind in your face and sense of achievement as you make the final ride into Paris is very special indeed. On your final day, enjoy a morning sightseeing in Paris before catching the Eurostar back to St Pancras
- Reasonable distances on cycling days: 128-145km (80-90 miles)
- Hotel accommodation for four nights
- Three days of cycling
- Includes one night and a morning in Paris
- 255 miles (410 km) trip
- Professional cycle guiding
This trip takes you between two most iconic capital cities in the world, and between two of the most famous points: Greenwich Observatory in London, and the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The going is not as flat as many people think, but you do pass through the classic countryside in Kent, and the Pas de Calais, Somme and Oise regions of France. The road parts are done under your own pedal-power. The wet part goes via the most famous channel crossing: Dover to Calais. On your day in Paris, you could always round it off with a visit to Notre Dame. On a bike, you feel the wind in your face, and get a real chance to explore some beautiful corners of England and France on the way. Once out of London, you pass through one of the harder sections of the route, as you go through Kent and the North Downs. The countryside is verdant and remarkably much as it was in past centuries.
From Calais, you head inland and south. History will surround you on this ride - a stark reminder of the importance of these lands and of the wars that have been fought there. You’ll pass by battlefields from the Hundred Years’ War, see First World War cemeteries, You’ll also pass the spectacular Gothic cathedrals of Abbeville and Beauvais, with their extraordinary white limestone construction, full of tracery and flying buttresses. You’ll stay one night each in Dover, Abbeville, Beauvais, and Paris. In Paris, if you want you can take the time to soak up the atmosphere of one of the most romantic cities in the world: its restaurants, cafés, museums, and nightlife.
Maximum Adventure can operate this ride on a bespoke basis on your choice of dates, over a 4-day itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night in London prior to departure £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in London prior to departure £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
- Extra night in Paris at end of event £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in Paris at end of event £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies to cycle from London to Paris with. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 14 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with experience leading rides all over the world
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this London to Paris Cycle over 4 nights, 5 days (4 cycling days), Wednesday to Sunday, however, if you would like to do this at any other time, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - London to Dover: Typically we meet at 6.30am at the Greenwich Observatory to start riding at 7am. The route takes in Greenwich Park, Shooters Hill and then follows the Thames corridor through to Dartford. From there we skirt Maidstone passing through Coxheath, Lenham and over the Kent Downs towards Folkestone. From Folkestone, the route follows the coast to Dover, where we stay the night.
80 miles (130km)
Day 2 - Calais to Amiens: After breakfast, we take the ferry to Calais, cycle through the old town centre and begin our route on minor roads crossing through beautiful rolling countryside. The road surfaces are generally good and the chances to stop at the roadside are plentiful. Passing through numerous small villages, we cycle through Licques, Frévent and Doullens, finishing the day in the town of Amiens.
90 miles (145km)
Day 3 - Amiens to Paris: Leaving Amiens it is a fast ride south through the villages of Bresles and Persan and past open fields to cross the River Oise at Beaumont-sur-Oise. Paris comes into sight and on entering the outskirts there are some steep, winding descents down to the River Seine. From here we head to the Trocadero for fantastic views over Paris and make the final ride down to the Eiffel Tower, across the Place de Concord and up the Champs Elysees with a victory lap around the Arc de Triomphe.
85 miles (140km)
Day 4 - Paris: There is a free morning in Paris for sightseeing before making our way home via Eurostar. Why not visit a museum or gallery before travelling back to the UK. Return times range between 12 noon and 6pm.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. All timings are approximate and for guidance purpose only.
How to take part for Charity
Pay a £99 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. You can join any of our open London 2 Paris Cycles just select the date of your choice opposite and enter the name of your chosen charity in the group/charity section. For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
- Three nights’ accommodation in comfortable hotels based on twin rooms en-suite with breakfast
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s)
- Support vehicle
- All luggage and equipment transfers on cycle days
- Ferry crossing (Dover to Calais)
- Return transport via Eurostar to London (return times will range between 12 noon and 6 pm)
- Transport for bikes back to London in the support vehicle
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Financial Protection: in the unlikely event of insolvency, all our trips are protected in accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations
- Travel to the start point and journey home from the finish point of the trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- You will need to bring or buy snacks and drinks for the cycling days
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment