Cycle London to Paris (24 hours)
Southern England and Northern France
- Duration: 2 nights, 2 days
- Charity Events
- Available During: April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
Take on the challenge and cycle from London to Paris – two of the most iconic capital cities in the world. Cycle through picturesque villages and beautiful countryside. You will also pass battlefields and cathedrals. The feeling of the wind in your face and sense of achievement as you make the final ride into Paris is very special indeed. On your final day, enjoy a morning sightseeing in Paris before catching the Eurostar back to St Pancras
- 24 hours of cycling
- 175 miles (282 km) trip
- Professional cycle guiding
- Should you wish to book this 24 hour ride version then we can provide this on a bespoke basis for bookings of 10 or more participants
Your ride through France starts early (at around 4am) taking you through attractive countryside and charming French villages en route to the capital. You’ll cycle southeast, through the beautiful town of Gournay and then on to the French capital! It’s downhill into Central Paris and you’ll pass the impressive Arc de Triomphe and cycle along the Champs-Élysées to your finish point at the Eiffel Tower!
This superb achievement will provide you with exceptional bragging rights! The evening and the next morning are yours to celebrate and enjoy in Paris. You could round off your trip with a visit to Notre Dame, the Champs-Élysées or the Arc De Triomphe or simply spend your time soaking up the atmosphere in one of the most iconic cities in the world. Or just relax and contemplate your achievement! You’ll be accommodated in Paris before catching the Eurostar train directly back to London the following day.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night in London prior to departure £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in London prior to departure £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
- Extra night in Paris at end of event £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in Paris at end of event £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies to cycle from London to Paris with. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this London to Paris Cycle over 4 nights, 5 days (4 cycling days), Wednesday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - London to Newhaven: Leaving Greenwich Observatory at around 3pm we cycle to Newhaven via Lingfield, East Grinstead, and Lewes. We enjoy a well earned rest on the overnight ferry crossing from Newhaven to Dieppe (departing at approximately 11pm and arriving at 4am).
60 miles (97km)
Day 2 - Newhaven to Paris: We depart Dieppe and cycle to Paris via Gournay, Marines and Osny making a stop at the Trocadero to admire the views over Paris and the Eiffel Tour, before making a victory lap around the Arc de Triomphe and arriving at the hotel for the night.
115 miles (185km)
Day 3 - Paris: There is a free morning in Paris for sightseeing before making our way home via Eurostar. Why not visit a museum or gallery before travelling back to the UK. Return times range between 12 noon and 6pm.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. All timings are approximate and for guidance purpose only.
How to take part for Charity
Pay a £99 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. You can join any of our open London 2 Paris Cycles just select the date of your choice opposite and enter the name of your chosen charity in the group/charity section. For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
- Two nights’ accommodation (one night onboard the ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe and one night in a comfortable hotel in Paris) based on twin rooms en-suite with breakfast
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s)
- Support vehicle
- All luggage and equipment transfers on cycle days
- Ferry crossing (Newhaven to Dieppe)
- Return transport via Eurostar to London (return times will range between 12 noon and 6 pm)
- Transport for bikes back to London in the support vehicle
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Financial Protection: in the unlikely event of insolvency, all our trips are protected in accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations
- Travel to the start point and journey home from the finish point of the trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- You will need to bring or buy snacks and drinks for the cycling days
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment
Book a bespoke event starting on any date
We run the London 2 Paris Cycle (24hours) as a bespoke event. For bookings of 10 or more we run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing from April to October. To book any number of participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.