Barnabus 3 Peaks Challenge
Scotland, England and Wales
- Duration: Long weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The 3 Peaks Challenge in support of Barnabus is available on any weekend (Friday to Sunday) from May to October. You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge exclusively for you on any date of your choice! Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit "Book Now" Fundraising options can be found under the “More Information” tab
Barnabus is a Manchester Christian Homeless Charity bringing hope and support to the Homeless for 23 years through our city centre drop-in, outreach and collaborative projects. We started with one man meeting with the homeless giving out food and being moved to help them. This has now grown to a small team of staff including support workers and around 70 volunteers, serving in our drop-in and other outreach.
- Guiding on all 3 Peaks by experienced guides.
- 42km total horizontal distance, 3000 vertical metres, 3 Peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of those dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if you want to experience it then - just ask!
- Pick ups and drop offs along the route to provide you with several different options - just choose the most convenient for you. See our transport explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with dozens of 3 Peaks trips experience. Please note that for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Set open dates for individuals to join or bespoke events for group sizes of 8 or more - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours; some groups will take less time, others more - the fitter your entire group is, the more likely you will be able to fulfill the challenge!
- You need to be pretty fit.
Self-Funding £99 registration fee at the time of booking £300 balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option, you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for Barnabus.
Barnabus is a Manchester Christian Homeless Charity bringing hope and support to the Homeless for 23 years through our city centre drop-in, outreach and collaborative projects. We started with one man meeting with the homeless giving out food and being moved to help them. This has now grown to a small team of staff including support workers and around 70 volunteers, serving in our drop-in and other outreach. Our Drop-in is open 5 days and 5 evenings a week providing hot food, clothing, blankets, showers and toiletries, we also have a Health and Wellbeing suite manned by volunteer NHS nurses. We offer a life line to around 500 - 600 visiting homeless and vulnerable people each week, many of whom have drug and alcohol addictions and mental health issues. Our Maths, English, ITC, Art, Cookery and Photography class’s, collaborative allotment and street soccer projects all increase skills, help build positive relationships and promote a sense of belonging and community. We passionately believe that every person has the capacity for change and we support the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the people we meet. We don’t receive any government funding so we’re reliant on donations but In recognition of our service we received the Queens award “unsung heroes” for Voluntary Service. We are currently raising funds for our brick appeal www.justgiving.com/brickappeal so we can extend our drop-in to suit the growing numbers and needs of homeless people seeking our support. To find out more about us please visit at www.barnabus-manchester.org.uk or email [email protected]
- Anywhere on the M61, M6, M74 and A82 between Manchester and Fort William
- Manchester Piccadilly Station (approx. 10am)
- Glasgow International airport (not Prestwick, approx. 4pm)
- Anywhere on the A55 and M56 between Snowdonia and Manchester
- Manchester Airport
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Alternative pick up and drop off points can be discussed upon request.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 12 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this challenge over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday
Meet at designated pick up points and transfer to Fort William. Check in at your accommodation, evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide. Time to unwind.
Day 2 - Saturday
Early breakfast then depart for Ben Nevis at approximately 7 am. Ben Nevis should be a round trip of around 5hrs. Afternoon transfer to the Lake District and evening ascent of Scafell Pike. This should be a 4hr round trip.
Day 3 -Sunday
Night time transfer to Snowdon and early morning ascent. This is a round trip of approximately 4hrs. Drop offs at designated points en route to Manchester.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick ups en route.
- Transport between the 3 Peaks.
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
- One nights twin room accommodation with breakfast. (Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Travel to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Evening meals, Lunches, beverages
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)