Bloodwise 3 Peaks Challenge
Scotland, England and Wales
- Duration: Long weekend
- Charity Events
- Top Trips
- Walks and Treks
- Available During: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The 3 Peaks Challenge in support of Bloodwise is taking place exclusively for the charities supporters on the weekend of the 22nd September. If you can’t make it on those dates, this challenge is available on any weekend (Friday to Sunday) from May to October. You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge exclusively for you on any date of your choice! Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit "Book Now
- Guiding on all 3 Peaks by experienced guides.
- 42km total horizontal distance, 3000 vertical metres, 3 Peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of those dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if you want to experience it then - just ask!
- Pick ups and drop offs along the route to provide you with several different options - just choose the most convenient for you. See our transport explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with dozens of 3 Peaks trips experience. Please note that for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Set open dates for individuals to join or bespoke events for group sizes of 8 or more - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours; some groups will take less time, others more - the fitter your entire group is, the more likely you will be able to fulfill the challenge!
- You need to be pretty fit.
We normally run this trip over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday
Meet at designated pick up points and transfer to Fort William. Check in at your accommodation, evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide. Time to unwind.
Day 2 - Saturday
Early breakfast then depart for Ben Nevis at approximately 7 am. Ben Nevis should be a round trip of around 5hrs. Afternoon transfer to the Lake District and evening ascent of Scafell Pike. This should be a 4hr round trip.
Day 3 -Sunday
Night time transfer to Snowdon and early morning ascent. This is a round trip of approximately 4hrs. Drop offs at designated points en route to Manchester.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason
Self-Funding £99 registration fee at the time of booking £300 balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option, you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for Bloodwise.
*Select funding type in the “optional extras” when booking*
Bloodwise is the only UK charity dedicated to research into improving the lives of patients with all types of blood cancer, including leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Our life-saving research is focused on finding causes, improving diagnosis and treatments, and running ground-breaking clinical trials for all blood cancer patients. Blood cancers including leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma affect people of all ages from babies to grandparents. We need to be sure that we reach all those touched by leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma and give them the best possible chance of survival.
Funding research Following over 50 years of investment, we are now leading in the field of blood cancer research. Our expertise and focus allows us to invest in only the best UK research that is delivering better treatments and cures for leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma. We need to raise £100 million over the next five years to continue our life-saving research into better diagnosis, treatments and cures for all those with blood cancers.
Our passion Around 30,000 people of all ages are diagnosed in the UK with blood cancers every year. We are rightly proud of the progress we have made with childhood leukaemia. When our charity started in 1960 children with leukaemia had virtually no chance of survival. Now thanks to our research nine out of ten survive the most common form of childhood leukaemia. We want to ensure people of all ages are given the best possible chance of survival and of living a normal healthy life after treatment for blood cancer.
Closer to a cure – thanks to you Patients today are benefiting from our ground-breaking research over the past 50 years. Our achievements are all the more remarkable given that we rely entirely on voluntary support and receive no government funding. However, there is still much to do. We know research takes time but we are determined to beat blood cancers, however long it takes.
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick ups en route.
- Transport between the 3 Peaks.
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
- One nights twin room accommodation with breakfast. (Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Travel to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Evening meals, Lunches, beverages
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)