3 Day 3 Peaks Challenge
England, Scotland and Wales
- Duration: Long Weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Available During: May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The Three Peaks (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike & Snowdon) are the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales. The Challenge is to climb these three peaks, one each day
- Guiding on all 3 Peaks by experienced guides.
- 42km total horizontal distance, 3000 vertical metres, 3 Peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of those dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if you want to experience it then - just ask!
- Pick ups and drop offs along the route to provide you with several different options - just choose the most convenient for you. See our transport explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with dozens of 3 Peaks trips experience. Please note that for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Set open dates for individuals to join or bespoke events for group sizes of 8 or more - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours; some groups will take less time, others more - the fitter your entire group is, the more likely you will be able to fulfill the challenge!
- You need to be pretty fit.
During each road based (North to South) Three Peaks event our transport vehicle does a round trip from Manchester. This means we offer pick up points for you at the following locations:
- Anywhere on the M61, M6, M74 and A82 between Manchester and Fort William
- Manchester Piccadilly Station (approx. 10am)
- Glasgow International airport (not Prestwick, approx. 4pm)
If you are based in the South of the UK we recommend you fly to Glasgow International Airport and then catch the return train from Manchester. This saves you a lot of time in the vehicle. Drop off points are:
- Anywhere on the A55 and M56 between Snowdonia and Manchester
- Manchester Airport
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Alternative pick up and drop off points can be discussed upon request.
Pick up times are the day before the event and drop off is during the afternoon of the event finish. We aim to finish in Snowdon by mid afternoon on the last day of each event, and therefore your drop off should be no later than 7/8pm on the Sunday evening. However, there are no guarantees as it depends on the speed of your group. If you are making your own way to Fort William for the start of your challenge you should arrive the Friday afternoon/evening in time for the evening briefing and to be ready for the start of the challenge the next day.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night (£135 per person for the 3 nights)
Please select from Optional Extras at Checkout.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies to a 3 Day 3 Peaks Challenge with. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this adventure over a long weekend, Thursday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Thursday: Meet up along the route and transfer to Fort William where accommodation will be provided. Meet up locations will be finalised shortly before departure. Evening equipment check and briefing. Relax in the evening in preparation for the following days.
Day 2 - Friday: Breakfast and then depart for Ben Nevis. Accommodation this evening will be provided en route to Scafell Pike, usually in Southern Scotland. Evening of relaxation after the first peak.
Day 3 - Saturday: Breakfast and then depart for Scafell Pike. Late afternoon/evening transfer to Snowdonia where accommodation will be provided for another relaxing evening.
Day 4 - Sunday: Breakfast and then depart for Snowdon. Aim to finish the Challenge by mid-afternoon. Drop offs along the return route to Manchester
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, and weather conditions or for any other reason.
How to take part for Charity
Pay a £199 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. You can join any of our open 3 Day 3 Peaks just select the date of your choice opposite and enter the name of your chosen charity in the group/charity section. For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
- Three nights’ twin room accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick-ups en route.
- Transport between the 3 Peaks.
- Drop offs between Snowden and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Travel to the start and finish points of the trip
- Lunches and evening meals, beverages
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
Book a bespoke event on any date
We run the 3 day 3 peaks challenge as an open or bespoke event. Our open events run fortnightly Thursday to Sunday from May to the end of October. For bookings of 8 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing. To book any number of participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course. Here's a list of the open events we have planned for 2018:
- Thur 10 May - 13 May - Open event
- Thur 14 June - 17 June Open event
- Thur 12 July-15 July - Open event
- Thur 16 Aug- 19 Aug - Open event
- Thur 13 Sept-16 Sept - Open event
- Thur 11 Oct-14 Oct - Open event