The Christie Charity Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Duration: Day Walk
- Walks and Treks
- Charity Events
- Top Trips
- May to October
About this Adventure
The Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge in support of The Christie is available on alternate weekends (Friday to Sunday) from May to October. You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge exclusively for you on any date of your choice! Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit "Book Now"
- Guiding by experienced mountain leaders
- Total Distance - 37km/23 miles
- Ascent: 1381m/4531ft.
- Target time: 12 hours.
- Amazing scenery through the Yorkshire Dales.
- We run this trip between April and October.
- Start & finish in Horton-in-Ribblesdale village.
Self-Funding £75 registration fee at the time of booking £174 balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for The Christie.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge £75 registration fee at the time of booking £350 minimum fundraising target 80% to be raised 10 weeks before departure. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option you must submit 80% of your fundraising target to The Christie 10 weeks before
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 12 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
Friday - Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check.
A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday
Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check.
Day 2 – Saturday
We aim to set out walking at 8am. Following our chosen route we ascend Pen y Ghent, Whernside & Ingleborough before making our final descent back to Horton-in-Ribblesdale. Evening meal & celebratory drinks will be in order!
Day 3 – Sunday
Depart after breakfast.
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to fully enjoy the day.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Travel to or from start/finish point
- Evening meals and lunches
- Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)