Cross Channel Sail
- Duration: Long weekend
- Top Trips
- All ages / Not applicable
- All year round
About this Adventure
Watch the coast of Britain disappear and find yourself in the middle of the English Channel; the cross-channel challenge is one of the first offshore trips many sailors attempt. Learn sailing skills and work as part of a team under the expert guidance of fully-qualified guides
- Guidance from professional Skippers
- We run this trip all year around
- Sail the Channel
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from en Nevis to mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this trip over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. Our itineraries vary and can often be adapted to suit the needs of the group but we're sure you will be aware that no-one can change the tides and the weather! One example of an itinerary might be:
Day 1 - Friday: Dinner on board and safety briefing with all the information for the trip ahead. After dinner – Leave the shore and go into the solent - and on to the channel
Day 2 - Saturday: Sail through the night and have breakfast on board. Lunchtime Saturday - Arrive in France. Explore the local town before heading back to Britain. Late afternoon - Head home after completing your challenge, tired but happy.
Day 3 - Sunday: Breakfast and homeward journey.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason.
- Professional event organisation.
- RYA Registered Skipper
- 1 nights twin room accommodation with breakfast. (Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45)
- Qualified First Aider
- Travel to or from starting point (Portsmouth)
- Evening Meals and Beverages
- Personal bills
- Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Wet Weather Kit (available for a supplment of £45)