15 Peaks Challenge
- Duration: Long weekend
- Walks and Treks
- April, May, June, July, August, September, October
About this Adventure
There are 15 peaks in the Welsh mountains over 3000ft high. This is a quite beautiful mountain route passing through some remote areas, mostly on fairly vague tracks. We aim to complete this challenge in three days. It's physically tiring but a great achievement. In the evening we can relax and reflect on the achievements of the day
- 3 days guiding by a qualified mountain leader
- Comfortable accommodation in twin rooms with breakfast. Single rooms available at a surcharge.
- Many years experience in Snowdonia and Wales.
- You need to have good fitness and a head for heights.
- Open dates or bespoke courses for individuals to larger groups - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
The first day is a purely walking day, the second involves some scrambling up Tryfan followed by walking and the third day involves a ridge walk across Crib Goch before walking to the summit of Snowdon. Your guide, who is a qualified mountain leader, will meet you at your accommodation on the Thursday evening for a briefing on the upcoming trip as well as a kit check. You stay in the same accommodation each night and we transfer you to and from this place in the mornings and evenings. There is about 20 minutes in the vehicle each way per day.
The peaks are broken down into 3 different sections, one for each day. These, and the peaks within them, are:
Day 1 - Carneddau:
- Pen Yr Ole Wen - 3208ft
- Carnedd Dafydd - 3425ft
- Yr Elen - 3156ft
- Carnedd Llewelyn - 3490ft
- Foel Grach - 3202ft
- Garnedd Uchaf - 3038ft
- Foel Fras - 3090ft
- Tryfan - 3002ft
- Glyder Fawr - 3277ft
- Glyder Fach - 3261ft
- Y Garn - 3196ft
- Elidir Fawr - 3031ft
- Crib Goch - 3028ft
- Carnedd Ugain - 3494ft
- Snowdon - 3560ft
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
Doing this challenge for charity?
Pay a registration fee followed by a minimum fundraising target for your chosen charity. Call us on 01768 371289 for more information.
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Transport to and from the accommodation on the walking days.
- Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need.
- Three nights twin room accommodation with breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.