Lake District 3000ers
The Lake District
- Duration: Long weekend
- Walks and Treks
- May, June, July, August, September, October
About this Adventure
The Lake District contains some of the most beautiful scenery in England. It has hundreds of fells which create a vast terrain of rugged mountains. There are 4 fells (according to Wainwright!) which exceed the 3000ft mark. These can be climbed in a 3 day trip, meaning you have then climbed the 4 highest peaks in England. The mountains in question, in order of height, are: Scafell Pike, 3210ft Sca Fell, 3164ft Helvellyn, 3118ft Skiddaw, 3054ft. The English peaks offer some of the finest mountain scenery in the UK and this is a great way to enjoy them
- 3 days guiding by qualified mountain leaders.
- Twin room hotel accommodation. Single rooms available at a supplement.
- Many years experience in The Lake District
- Good level of fitness required
- Open dates or bespoke courses for individuals to larger groups - just ask.
The course is lead by a qualified leader and the precise itinerary will be decided locally with the group depending upon weather, conditions and group fitness. We meet on a Thursday evening and then complete the peaks from Friday to Sunday. Each day will consist of between 6-8hrs on the hills.
Thursday: Meet at your accommodation in the evening. Briefing session and dinner (or the other way round!)
Friday: Ascent of Helvellyn traversing the mountain from south to north.
Saturday: Traverse of Scafell Pike and Scafell finishing in Wasdale.
Sunday: Traverse of Skiddaw, finishing at a local hotel for tea and scones! Transfer back to railway station.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason.
Want to do this challenge for charity?Pay a £199 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. For more details of how fundraising works please contact us on 01768 371289.
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Transport to and from the accommodation on each walking day.
- Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need and you have an input into the routes taken.
- 3 nights twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.