- Duration: 45 days
- August, September, October
About this Adventure
The Pinnace of Intellect. Manaslu is one of the most prized Himalayan peaks. Set in the remote Gorkha region of Nepal, east of Annapurna, it is the eighth-highest mountain in the world. Manaslu is a great peak in its own right, but is often used as a step towards a future Everest Expedition. Maximum Adventure believes that Manaslu is a better option as Everest training than even Cho Oyu
- One of the famed 8000m summits
- Altitude: 8162m
- 45 day trip
- 26 days on the mountain
- Oxygen required for summit day
- Beautiful and gradually ascending trek in from low elevation
- Fully guided and supported with a team of sherpas
Day 1: Fly out to Kathmandu
Day 2: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 3: Preparations in Kathmandu, and trip briefing
Day 4: Drive to Arughat (606m)
Day 5: Trek to Sati Khola (6 hours)
Day 6: Trek Sati Khola to Machha Khola (7 hours)
Day 7: Trek to Jagat (1415m)
Day 8: Trek to Philim
Day 9: Trek to Deng (5-6 hours)
Day 10: Trek to Namrung (5-6 hours)
Day 11: Trek to Shya (3530m)
Day 12: Trek to Samagon (3780m)
Day 13: Stay around Samagon
Day 14: Stay around Samagon
Day 15: Go to Manaslu Base Camp
Day 16-41: Climb Manaslu
Day 42: Return to Samagon
Day 43: Helicopter to Kathmandu
Day 44: Recuperation in Kathmandu / contingency
Day 45: Return to UK
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
Want to do this challenge for charity?Pay a £199 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. For more details on how fundraising works please contact us on 01768 371289.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared twin bed and breakfast basis whilst in Kathmandu, and en route to the Base Camp and on the return.
- Transport from Kathmandu to Base Camp and return.
- All peaks fees and administration fees.
- All Western Guide fees (less bonuses).
- All Sherpa Base Camp Staff fees (less bonuses).
- All high altitude Sherpa Staff fees (less bonuses) and their equipment.
- All meals en route to and from Base Camp, at Base Camp and on the mountain.
- All group equipment, such as tents, stoves, ropes, climbing equipment, group first aid, hyperbaric chambers, radio communications, and oxygen equipment.
- Air travel between the UK and Kathmandu.
- Drinks, laundry, postage, telephone calls, emails and all other items of a personal nature.
- Lunches and evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Original entry visa into Nepal. This can be obtained at the airport upon arrival.
- Personal medical and travel insurance/cancellation insurance.
- Personal spending money and tips.
- Sleeping bags and mats at Base Camp and/or Advanced Base Camp (see equipment list).