Expert Multi-Pitch Climbing & Leading
- Duration: Long weekend
- Climbs and Mountains
- April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
About this Adventure
This course is intended for those who really want to push the boundaries of their climbing, with the intention of being able to climb more difficult routes in the UK and around the world. It will suit those who wish to consolidate their existing experience, perhaps provide reassurance and revision of sound climbing practices and techniques. Clients will be encouraged to progress at their own pace and climb routes towards the limits of their ability whilst improving their skills in a safe learning environment
- Location - Either north Wales, the Lake District or Scotland - enquire for details.
- Duration - Two nights' accommodation, two days climbing.
- Meet on Friday evening, finish Sunday afternoon/evening.
- Trip possible from April to November.
- Experience - This course is for those with climbing experience who have an understanding of mountain walking, navigation and weather, allowing them participate in decision making processes.
- Ratio of instructors to clients, 1:2.
We normally run this trip over the weekend, Friday night to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time then please contact us.
You will meet your instructor when you arrive at your accommodation. At this time they will go through plans for the weekend and carry out an equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to enable you to enjoy the following days. A typical tour itinerary may look like this:
Day 1 - Friday: Arrive at venue; meet with your instructor and the rest of your group
Day 2 - Saturday: Basic skills overview and safety briefing, then further tuition on site
Day 3 - Sunday: Further training and practice of learned skills
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
- Professional organisation of the event
- Minimum qualification of guides is a Mountain Instructor Award. Ratio of instructor to clients is a maximum of 1 : 2.
- Briefings, instruction, route planning and equipment checks to make sure that you have everything you need.
- Two nights' twin hotel accommodation with breakfast.
- All ground transport during the course to the course locations and back to the hotel.
- Transfers from airports will be available for a supplement.
- Group gear - ropes etc.
- Group first aid with qualified first aiders.