Cycle London to Brussels
UK, France and Belgium
- Duration: 3 nights, 3 days' cycling
- Corporate Groups
- Available during: April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
Cycling London to Brussels in 3 days is one of the greatest and most enjoyable cycling challenges in Europe. Our route takes us through the beautiful Kent countryside and across the channel to Calais, where we cycle beside the stunning coastline of the Pas de Calais to Bruges. The final day we follow one of the nicest cycle routes in Belgium, riding beside the tree-lined canal to Ghent and onwards to celebrate our success in the beautiful city of Brussels. On your final day enjoy free time to sightsee in Brussels before catching the Eurostar back to London
- For groups of 5 or more
- 3 days’ of cycling
- 217 miles (351km)
- Ride through three countries in 3 days
- Visit the historic cities of Bruges, Ghent and Brussels
This trip takes you through three different countries on a truly European cycle trip. In a long weekend, you cycle via the Dover - Calais crossing and the beautiful cities of Bruges and Ghent to the hip and quirky city of Brussels, the administrative capital of the EU.
Starting at Greenwich Observatory in London, you cycle through the Kent countryside, the Pas de Calais and Flanders regions with time to enjoy the historical cities of Bruges, Ghent and Brussels. The ride finishes in one of the world's most beautiful squares, the Grand Place, in the centre of Brussels.
On a bike you feel the wind in your face, and get a real chance to explore some beautiful corners of England, France and Belgium on the way. Once out of London, you pass through one of the harder sections of the route, as you go through Kent and the North Downs. The countryside is verdant, and remarkably much as it was in past centuries. From Calais you head along the Pas de Calais past long sandy beaches towards Dunkerk and inland to the very beautiful city of Bruges.
The final day in the Flanders region of Belgium includes pleasant cycling along dedicated cycle paths via Ghent to Brussels. Celebrate your achievement as you cycle past fascinating gothic guild houses and Baroque buildings into the heart of Brussels. Enjoy a morning wandering through the medieval streets and perhaps visiting one of the great museums or visit the gothic Cathedral of Saints Michel and Gudule before taking the Eurostar back to London.
- Single Room Supplement £55.00 per person
- Extra night £75.00 per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night £95.00 per night for single room accommodation
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies to cycle London to Brussles with. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 14 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this cycle trip over 4 days (3 cycling days), Thursday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - London to Dover: The route takes in Greenwich Park, Shooters Hill and then follows the Thames corridor through to Dartford. From there we skirt Maidstone passing through Coxheath, Lenham and over the beautiful Kent Downs towards Folkestone. From Folkestone the route follows the coast northwards to Dover, where we stay the night.
79 miles (129km)
Day 2 - Calais to Bruges: Three countries in one day. The day starts with an early morning ferry crossing and then we enjoy easy cycling on the lowlands of the Pas de Calais and the Flanders region of Belgium. Cycling along the coast and through the historic town of Dunkirk we see reminders of WW1 and WW2 and cross the border into Belgium finishing the day in the pretty city of Bruges, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Make sure to sample the local Belgian beer and chocolate.
73 miles (118km)
Day 3 - Bruges to Brussels: Cycling on the traffic-free cycle lane beside the canal from Bruges to Ghent is a real pleasure. Admire the medieval architecture in Ghent and celebrate your achievement as we cycle into the Grand Place in the centre of the very beautiful city of Brussels.
65 miles (104km)
Day 4: Spend the morning exploring Brussels and its beautiful buildings and cathedrals before returning to London by Eurostar to collect your bikes from St Pancras.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, members' fitness and weather conditions or for any other reason.
How to take part for Charity
Pay a £199 deposit per person and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. For more details of how fundraising works please contact us on 01768371289.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in good quality B&B's or hotels with en-suite or private bathroom and breakfast (Single rooms are available at a supplement)
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s)
- Support vehicle
- All luggage transfers on cycle days
- Ferry crossings (Dover to Calais)
- Return transport via Eurostar to London
- Transport for bikes back to London
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Lunches and evening meals
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment. Please contact us for bike hire details