Prevent Breast Cancer Ben Nevis Ascent
- Duration: Weekend
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The Ben Nevis Sumer Ascent in support of Prevent Breast Cancer is available on alternate weekends (Friday to Sunday) from May to October. You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge exclusively for you on any date of your choice! Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit "Book Now"
- Distance – 11 miles/18km
- Ascent – 4359ft/1329m
- Summit – 4408ft/1344m
- 1 days guiding by an experienced guide on Ben Nevis
- Accommodation is provided
- We run this trip between May and October, however you can do the 'Ben' in winter to experience some winter mountaineering, see Ben Nevis - Winter
- Many years’ experience on Ben Nevis - we also adhere to the mountain code and work with the John Muir Trust to ensure the conservation of ‘The Ben'
- You need a reasonable level of fitness
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge £75 registration fee at the time of booking £400 minimum fundraising target 50% to be raised 10 weeks before departure. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option, you must submit 50% of your fundraising target to Prevent Breast Cancer 10 weeks before departure date.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night £95.00 per person per night for single room accommodation
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this Ben Nevis Summer Ascent over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Make your way to Fort William and your accommodation.
Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide.
Breakfast and then depart for Ben Nevis.
Climb Ben Nevis following a route from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre.
Return to your accommodation for a relaxing evening.
Depart after a hearty breakfast to make your way home.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, and weather conditions or for any other reason
Please aim to arrive at your accommodation the Friday afternoon/evening in time for the evening briefing at 8 pm, and to be ready for the start of the hike the next day.
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check
- Two nights twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45
- Travel to and from Fort William
- Lunches/evening meals and beverages
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)