Pancreatic Cancer UK Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Duration: Long weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge in support of Pancreatic Cancer UK is available on alternate weekends (Friday to Sunday) from May to October. You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge exclusively for you on any date of your choice! Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit "Book Now". Fundraising options can be found under the “More Information” tab
- Guiding by experienced mountain leaders
- Total Distance - 37km/23 miles
- Ascent: 1381m/4531ft.
- Target time: 12 hours.
- Amazing scenery through the Yorkshire Dales.
- We run this trip between April and October.
- Start & finish in Horton-in-Ribblesdale village.
Self-Funding £99 registration fee at the time of booking £180 balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for Pancreatic Cancer UK.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge £99 registration fee at the time of booking with a £400 minimum fundraising target. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option you must submit 80% of your fundraising target to Pancreatic Cancer UK 10 weeks before departure date
*Select funding type in the “optional extras" when booking
Pancreatic Cancer UK are striving for a long and good life for everyone diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We are the only national charity fighting pancreatic cancer on all fronts: support, information, campaigning, research. *Through our dedicated pancreatic cancer support and information service; we provide individual support via email and telephone, easy access to the best and most up-to-date information and run discussion forums for pancreatic cancer patients, their carers and families to enable them to share experiences, advice and inspiration. *We raise awareness of pancreatic cancer amongst GPs, policy makers, politicians and the general public and provide a powerful campaigning voice for all the people living with pancreatic cancer and their families. *We fund research and other projects of benefit to patients and their families.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 12 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
Friday - Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check.
A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday
Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check.
Day 2 – Saturday
We aim to set out walking at 8am. Following our chosen route we ascend Pen y Ghent, Whernside & Ingleborough before making our final descent back to Horton-in-Ribblesdale. Evening meal & celebratory drinks will be in order!
Day 3 – Sunday
Depart after breakfast.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. Every effort is made to fit the course around your needs and abilities.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to fully enjoy the following day
- Travel to the start and finish points of the trip
- Lunches, evening meals and beverages.
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)