NAPA Hadrian's Wall Cycle Walk Cycle
Cumbria and Northumbria
- Duration: Long Weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Available During: May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The Hadrian’s Wall Cycle-Walk-Cycle is available in support of NAPA monthly from May to October. Our scheduled departures run Thursday to Sunday. You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge to you exclusively on any date of your choice! Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit “Book Now”. Fundraising options can be found under the “More Information” tab
- Three day itinerary: approximately 40 miles of cycling; 15 miles of walking; 45 miles of cycling. 100 miles total
- Guiding included
- Three nights’ twin room hotel accommodation
- Transfer vehicle for luggage and bikes when not used
- Walk in the footsteps of Roman soldiers and cycle visiting a series of towers, mile castles and forts
Fundraising options can be found under the “More Information” tab.
Self-Funding £199 registration fee at the time of booking £400 balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option, you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for NAPA.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge £199 registration fee at the time of booking £800 minimum fundraising target 80% to be raised 10 weeks before departure. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option, you must submit 80% of your fundraising target to NAPA 10 weeks before departure date.
*Select funding type in the “optional extras” when booking*
NAPA stands for the National Activity Providers Association. Our organisation works exclusively to achieve a good standard of lifestyle for people receiving care. This year we are celebrating our 20th anniversary and during those 20 years, we have campaigned for recognition of the fact that we all need people to see, things to do and places to go. We were set up to enable care staff to support people to live life the way they choose with meaning and purpose. The vulnerable and dependent people living in care settings need skilled support from care staff to provide purposeful activities that hold meaning and engagement for them as individuals. “The days are very long when the walls are the same” is a favourite quote of ours from a resident living with dementia.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person
- Extra Bag/Luggage Transfer £10 per bag
- Cycle Hire for the duration (including helmet) £100 per person
- Extra night (twin) £75 per person per night
- Extra night (single) £95 per person per night
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 12 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this Hadrian's Wall Cycle Walk Cycle over a long weekend, Thursday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Thursday
Meet later in the afternoon / evening at the accommodation in Carlisle. Briefing with trip leader and guides in the evening.
Day 2 - Friday
Transfer to start of event at Bowness-on-Solway. Cycle along Hadrian’s Wall Cycleway; taking in the Solway Firth, Carlisle, Brampton, Lanercost Priory and Gilsland to Greenhead. Transfer to accommodation.
Day 3 - Saturday
Transfer to Greenhead for walking section. Walk along the most spectacular section of Hadrian’s Wall, from Greenhead to Brocolitia.
Day 4 - Sunday
Transfer back to Brocolitia, with bike. Cycle through Hexham, Ovingham, and Newcastle to Wallsend. End of event: transfer to Newcastle station and return home.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, and weather conditions or for any other reason
- Three nights’ twin room accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast (single rooms available at a supplement of £45 per person per night)
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders on walk day
- Qualified cycle guides on cycling days
- Transfers from point of arrival and point of departure as well as during the trip to the start and finish points of your walks
- Baggage and cycle equipment transfer. (This is limited to 1 bag per person, however extra bags can be transferred at a small supplement)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Option to use your own bike (mountain or trail bike)
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to fully enjoy the following days
- Travel to and from start and finish locations
- Lunches, Evening Meals, Snacks and Drinks
- Bike and bike equipments (Bike hire is available for £100 supplement per bike)