Sands 3 Peaks Challenge
Scotland, England and Wales
- Duration: Long weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The 3 Peaks Challenge in support of Sands is available on any weekend (Friday to Sunday) from May to October. You can join as an individual or any size group, and if you have a group of 8 or more participants we can offer the challenge exclusively for you on any date of your choice! Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit "Book Now". Fundraising options can be found under the “More Information” tab
- Guiding on all 3 Peaks by experienced guides.
- 42km total horizontal distance, 3000 vertical metres, 3 Peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of those dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if you want to experience it then - just ask!
- Pick ups and drop offs along the route to provide you with several different options - just choose the most convenient for you. See our transport explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with dozens of 3 Peaks trips experience. Please note that for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Set open dates for individuals to join or bespoke events for group sizes of 8 or more - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours; some groups will take less time, others more - the fitter your entire group is, the more likely you will be able to fulfill the challenge!
- You need to be pretty fit.
Self-Funding £99 registration fee at the time of booking £300 balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option, you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for Sands.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge £99 registration fee at the time of booking £650 minimum fundraising target 80% to be raised 10 weeks before departure. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option, you must submit 80% of your fundraising target to Sands 10 weeks before departure date.
*Select funding type in the “optional extras” when booking*
Sands is the stillbirth and neonatal death charity. We operate throughout the UK and focus on three key areas:
We support anyone affected by the death of a baby
Bereavement support is at the core of everything we do. Some of the services that we offer include:
· Helpline for parents, families, carers and health professionals
· UK-wide network of support groups run by trained befrienders
· Online forum and message boards enabling bereaved families to connect with others
· Website and a wide range of booklets, books and other resources
We produce a wide range of online and printed resources to support professionals to provide sensitive, empathic bereavement care, focused on the needs of parents. We also deliver high quality, evidenced-based, accredited training workshops in bereavement care to professionals across the country, providing the latest information and support in working with bereaved parents.
We believe many babies’ deaths could be prevented with better care and information. We raise vital funds for research and work with clinicians and experts to understand why babies die and how to save lives. We also provide policy expertise at government level and campaign to make addressing the tragedy of too many baby deaths a policy priority nationally and locally.
We depend on the extraordinary energies of our supporters to raise the vital funds that we need to deliver the wide range of services that we offer.With your help, we believe we can also prevent more babies from dying.
During each road based (North to South) Three Peaks event our transport vehicle does a round trip from Manchester. This means we offer to pick up points for you at the following locations:
- Anywhere on the M61, M6, M74 and A82 between Manchester and Fort William
- Manchester Piccadilly Station (approx. 10am)
- Glasgow International airport (not Prestwick, approx. 4pm)
- Anywhere on the A55 and M56 between Snowdonia and Manchester
- Manchester Airport
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Alternative pick up and drop off points can be discussed upon request.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 12 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this challenge over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday
Meet at designated pick up points and transfer to Fort William. Check in at your accommodation, evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide. Time to unwind.
Day 2 - Saturday
Early breakfast then depart for Ben Nevis at approximately 7 am. Ben Nevis should be a round trip of around 5hrs. Afternoon transfer to the Lake District and evening ascent of Scafell Pike. This should be a 4hr round trip.
Day 3 -Sunday
Night time transfer to Snowdon and early morning ascent. This is a round trip of approximately 4hrs. Drop offs at designated points en route to Manchester.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick ups en route.
- Transport between the 3 Peaks.
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
- One nights twin room accommodation with breakfast. (Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Travel to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Evening meals, Lunches, beverages
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects).