Barnardo's Snowdon Summer Ascent
- Duration: Weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- May, June, July, August, September, October
About this Adventure
The Snowdon Summer Ascent in support of Barnardo's is available on any date from May to October. Registrations can be made for groups of two participants upwards. The package includes accommodation the night before and after your climb. Our itinerary begins on the night you arrive at your accommodation. Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit "Book Now"
- 1 days guiding by qualified mountain leaders.
- Distance - 7 miles / 11km.
- Height Gain - 2385ft / 727 metres.
- Highest Summit - 3559ft / 1085 metres.
- We run this trip between May and October, however if you want to experience this during winter - just ask!
- Many years experience in Snowdonia.
- You need a reasonable level of fitness.
From the top of the Llanberis Pass (a climber's testing ground), we negotiate a route up the mountain, skirting below the knife edged arête of Crib Goch and high above Llyn Llydaw & Glaslyn. The views entice us to gain ever more height, until finally we are treated to the ultimate view in Wales. Anglesey, the Menai Strait, Cardigan Bay, and the plains of England. We are looking down on it all from our vantage point. This challenge offers variety, history, spectacular scenery, and quaint villages.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night £95.00 per person per night for single room accommodation
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this trip over a weekend, arriving Friday, walking Saturday and leaving on Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time then please contact us.
A typical itinerary looks like this:
Friday Meet up at accommodation for evening briefing, route planning and equipment check.
Saturday We meet at the start of the walk at around 9.00am. Climb Snowdon following our chosen route. Post walk de-brief. Return to accommodation.
Sunday Depart after breakfast.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary.
If you are making your own way to Snowdonia you should arrive the Friday afternoon/evening in time for the evening briefing and to be ready for the start of the hike the next day.
£75 registration fee at the time of booking, £174 balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for Barnardo's.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge
£75 registration fee at the time of booking followed by a £350 minimum fundraising target, 50% of which must be raised 10 weeks before departure. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option you must submit 50% of your fundraising target to Barnardo's 10 weeks before departure date.
*Select funding type in the “optional extras” when booking*
Barnardo's believes in children regardless of their circumstances, gender, race, disability or behaviour. Our purpose as a charity today is to transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children, young people and their families. We believe in the abused, the most vulnerable, the forgotten and the neglected. We will support them, stand up for them and bring out the best in each and every child. We do this because we believe that every child deserves the best start in life and the chance to fulfil their potential. We use the knowledge gained from our direct work with children to campaign for better childcare policy and to champion the rights of every child. With the right help, committed support and a little belief, even the most vulnerable children can turn their lives around. Barnardo’s is regulated by the Charity Commission. Being a registered charity means that we must always be accountable and transparent.
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need the following day.
- Two nights twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.