Cycle Paris to Geneva
Paris to Geneva
- Duration: 5 nights, 5 days cycling
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, June, July, Aug, Sept
About this Adventure
Take on the challenge and cycle from Paris to Geneva – two of the most iconic cities in the world. Arrive a day early and enjoy the sights of in Paris, or stay an extra night in Geneva before flying back to the UK
- Reasonable to long distances on cycling days: 120-150 km (75-95 miles)
- Hotel accommodation for five nights
- Five days of cycling
- Starts at the Eiffel Tower in Paris and finishes on the lake shore in Geneva
- 534 km (333 miles) trip
- Professional cycle guiding
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night in Paris prior to departure £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in Paris prior to departure £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
- Extra night in Geneva at end of event £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in Geneva at end of event £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies to cycle from Paris to Geneva with. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and cycle guides with experience across Europe
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this Paris to Geneva Cycle over 5 nights, (5 cycling days), arriving in Paris on Sunday and cycling Monday to Friday. However, if you would like to do this at any other time, then please contact us.
Make your own travel arrangements to arrive in Paris the day before the start. Relax and enjoy this amazing City.
A typical cycle itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Paris to Sens: Typically we meet at 08.00am under the Eiffel Tower in Paris to start riding at 08.30am. The route takes us across Paris and on to the quieter roads and tracks south-west out of the City. The countryside around Sens is known as Burgundy’s granary: cereals and orchards predominate. The town grew up on the River Yonne and has the Cathedral St-Etienne at its centre. Sens is small and easily accessible by bike, with the main points of interest radiating out from the cathedral.
75 miles (120km)
Day 2 - Sens to Avallon: After breakfast we continue cycling towards the foothills of the Alps and deeper into the Burgundy Region. The route heads out into the country, passing through numerous small villages. We finish the day in the town of Avallon. Placed centrally in Burgundy, Avallon has been important strategically in history. This fortified town lies between two ravines and from the ramparts you can look across the rooftops to the Valley of the Cousin.
75 miles (120km)
Day 3 - Avallon to Chalon-sur-Saone: The day starts with a ride through the town centre, then out into open countryside. The roads used are in good condition, although narrow and single lane in places. We end the day in Chalon-sur-Saone. Chalon is in the wine growing area and is famous for wines such as Mercurey, Givry, Montagny and Rully.
81 miles (130km)
Day 4 - Chalon-sur-Saone to Saint-Claude: Today we start climbing, with a total ascent of 1200m. We end the day and stay overnight in the small town of Saint-Claude which lies in the heart of Haut-Jura, in the Haut-Jura Nature Reserve. It's a small town surrounded by mountains and rivers- the perfect place to relax in the clear air following your day in the saddle! The 2017 Tour de France passed through this town.
72 miles (116km)
Day 5 - Saint-Claude to Geneva: The final day and the final push up through the mountains. The highest point is at 1330m about 24km in, then there is the long descent down to the town of Gex and finally into Switzerland and onto the lake shore by Geneva. The trip ends here. Either stay a night in Geneva or return late afternoon or evening to the UK.
30 miles (48km)
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. All timings are approximate and for guidance purpose only.
How to take part for Charity
Pay a £199 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. You can join any of our open Paris 2 Geneva cycle events just select the date of your choice opposite and enter the name of your chosen charity in the group/charity section. For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
- Five nights’ accommodation in comfortable hotels based on twin rooms en-suite with breakfast
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s)
- Support vehicle
- All luggage and equipment transfers on cycle days
- Bicycle transfer to and from London St Pancras in support vehicle (fixed pick up and drop off times)
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Financial Protection: in the unlikely event of insolvency, all our trips are protected in accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations
- Travel to the start point and journey home from the finish point of the trip
- Bike as luggage on the flights
- Lunches and evening meals
- You will need to bring or buy snacks and drinks for the cycling days
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment
Book a bespoke event starting on any date
We run the Paris 2 Geneva Cycle as an open or bespoke event. Our open events normally runs Sunday to Friday, from May to September. For bookings of 10 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing. To book any number of participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.