- Duration: 4 nights, 3 days cycling
- Charity Events
- Available During: March, April, May, June, September, October
About this Adventure
Take on the challenge and experience Mallorca which offers some of the best cycling in Europe. Mallorca offers amazing mountain climbs including the world famous Sa Calobra and smooth tarmac rolling roads. A perfect destination for a long weekend
- Reasonable distances on cycling days: Approx. 75km per day (47 miles)
- Hotel accommodation for four nights with breakfast
- Three days of cycling
- Support vehicle and bag transfer.
- Transfer to and from the Airport
- Professional cycle guiding
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night in Mallorca prior to start date £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in Mallorca prior to start date £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
- Extra night in Mallorca at end of event £75.00 per person per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night in Mallorca at end of event £120.00 per night for single room accommodation
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies to cycle Mallorca. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with many years of experience across Europe
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this Mallorca Cycle Event over 4 nights, with 3 days cycling, Wednesday to Sunday, however, if you would like to do this at any other time, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Fly to Palma and transfer to your Hotel : We will transfer you from Palma airport to Port Pollenca in the north of the island. The Port Pollenca region is the cycling capital of Mallorca. Relax and prepare your bike for the days ahead. You should have time to put in a few miles, to loosen off before dinner at one of the many restaurants and enjoy a few drinks.
Day 2 - Coll de Sa Batalla & Lluc Monastery: After breakfast we head inland towards the village of Campanet. From here, the route climbs into the Tramuntana Mountains, crossing the Coll de Sa Batalla, a 7.5km climb at an average gradient of around 6%.
At the top of the climb, you will reach the village of Lluc, home to a 13th-century monastery, and an excellent place to stop for lunch. The route then continues mostly downhill back to Port Pollensa.
47 miles (75km)
Day 3 - Port Pollensa - Puerto de Soller : Today is the most challenging and the most beautiful day of the cycle tour. The route heads into the heart of the Tramuntana mountains and tackle the famous Sa Calobra
We cycle towards Soller, climbing to Puig Major - the highest road on Mallorca at around 1000m. There is also the option to take the beautiful hilly diversion to Sa Calobra, a spectacular 12km road consisting of numerous hairpin bends. The destination for the evening is Puerto de Soller, a small, pretty fishing village on the west of the island.
47 miles (75km)
Day 4 - Puerto de Soller to Banyalbufar : The final day in the saddle is a route through the southern part of the Tramuntana Natural Park. There is around 1,000m of climbing on this undulating route which follows the coastal road before heading inland to the pleasant village of Puigpunyent - a pleasant stop for lunch.
The route continues climbing numerous hairpins through Mallorca's wine country, before a fast descent into Banyalbufar to finish the day.
50 miles (80km)
Day 5 - Depart: We will transfer you back to Palma Airport for your onward journey to the UK.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. All timings are approximate and for guidance purpose only.
- Four nights’ accommodation in comfortable hotels based on twin rooms en-suite with breakfast
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s)
- Support vehicle
- All luggage and equipment transfers on cycle days
- Transfer to and from Palma Airport)
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Financial Protection: in the unlikely event of insolvency, all our trips are protected in accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations
- Travel to the start point and journey home from the finish point of the trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- You will need to bring or buy snacks and drinks for the cycling days
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment, although these can be hired locally.
Book a bespoke event starting on any date
We run the Cycle Mallorca as an open or bespoke event. Our open events runs Wednesday to Sunday monthly from March to June and September and October. For bookings of 8 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing. To book any number of participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.