Rainbow Trust 3 Peaks Challenge
England, Scotland and Wales
- Duration: Long Weekend
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
When serious illness affects a child, family life is turned upside down and time becomes more precious than ever. Rainbow Trust pairs each family with a dedicated expert Family Support Worker to help them face and make the most of each new day
- Guiding on all 3 Peaks by experienced guides.
- 42km total horizontal distance, 3000 vertical metres, 3 Peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of those dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if you want to experience it then - just ask!
- Pick ups and drop offs along the route to provide you with several different options - just choose the most convenient for you. See our transport explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with dozens of 3 Peaks trips experience. Please note that for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Set open dates for individuals to join or bespoke events for group sizes of 8 or more - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours; some groups will take less time, others more - the fitter your entire group is, the more likely you will be able to fulfill the challenge!
- You need to be pretty fit.
To register for this challenge there is a non-refundable registration fee of £99 per person, payable to Maximum Adventure at the time of booking. You can then choose between the two different options below.
Self-Funding £99 registration fee at the time of booking £300 balance due 10 weeks before departure With the self-funding option you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for Rainbow Trust.
- Anywhere on the M61, M6, M74 and A82 between Manchester and Fort William
- Manchester Piccadilly Station (approx. 10am)
- Glasgow International airport (not Prestwick, approx. 4pm)
- Anywhere on the A55 and M56 between Snowdonia and Manchester
- Manchester Airport
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Alternative pick up and drop off points can be discussed upon request.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 12 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this trip over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however, if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Meet at designated pick up points and transfer to Fort William. Check in at your accommodation, evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide. Time to unwind.
Early breakfast then depart for Ben Nevis at approximately 7 am. Ben Nevis should be a round trip of around 5hrs. Afternoon transfers to the Lake District and evening ascent of Scafell Pike. This should be a 4hr round trip.
Night time transfer to Snowdon and early morning ascent. This is a round trip of approximately 4hrs. Drop offs at designated points en route to Manchester.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions or for any other reason
- Professional event organisation.
- Qualified mountain leaders.
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick ups en route.
- Transport between the 3 Peaks.
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
- One nights twin room accommodation with breakfast. (Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders.
- Travel to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Evening meals, Lunches, beverages
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)