Breast Cancer Now - Welsh 3 Peaks Challenge
- Duration: Long Weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
The Welsh 3 Peaks Challenge is an attempt to climb the three highest peaks in Wales in one go! Beginning with Snowdon, the country’s highest mountain we head south to Cadair Idris in mid-Wales and finish with Pen Y Fan in the heart of the Brecon Beacons
- Guiding on all 3 peaks by experienced mountain leaders.
- 17 miles (27km) total horizontal distance, over 1,500m (5,000ft) of vertical ascent, 3 peaks.
- Available between May and October, outside of these dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if you wish to experience that, just ask.
- Expert driving team. Please note that for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Set open dates for individuals to join or bespoke events for group sizes of 8 or more - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years' experience in providing challenge events.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours; some groups will take less time, others more - the fitter your entire group is, the more likely you will be able to fulfil the challenge!
- You need to be pretty fit.
Considering doing this challenge for charity?
How to book in support of Breast Cancer Now
Self-Funding £99 registration fee at the time of booking £280 balance due 10 weeks before departure With the self-funding option you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for Breast Cancer Now.
Transport ExplainedMeeting at Manchester late afternoon we travel to your accommodation in Snowdonia on Friday. You will be greeted by your leader for the challenge for a briefing and opportunity to ask any questions you might have. Starting with Snowdon on Saturday morning we then transfer to Cadair Idris in mid-Wales for an afternoon climb before completing a night time climb of our final peak, Pen-Y-Fan. Once we have completed the challenge we’ll head to Cardiff nearby we go our separate ways. The course is guided by qualified mountain leaders and our driver will be with you all the way.
Our Welsh 3 Peaks Challenge includes a round trip from Manchester. This means we offer pick up points for you at the following locations:
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Chester Train Station
Drop off points are:
- Manchester Airport
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Alternative pick-up and drop-off points can be discussed upon request.
We aim to finish climbing Pen-Y-Fan very early Sunday morning. Transfer time to Cardiff is then approximately 1 hour and a further 4 hours to Manchester. Please plan onward travel appropriately. Maximum Adventure cannot be held responsible for missed onward travel connections if your travel plans impact on completion of the challenge.
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
We know you have a choice of companies with whom to attempt the Welsh 3 Peaks . Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
We normally run this trip over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however, if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary will look like this:
Day 1 - Friday: Meet at designated pick up points and transfer to Snowdonia accommodation. Check in to your accommodation, evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your leader.
Day 2 - Saturday: After an early breakfast we depart for Snowdon at approximately 7 am. Our first climb will be a round trip of roughly 4.5 hours. Afternoon transfer to the Cadair Idris, which will take almost 6 hours to climb. Evening transfer and climb of Pen-Y-Fan which should be about a 4 hour round trip.
Day 3 -Sunday: Very early morning transfer to Cardiff from which point you will make your onward journey home.
You will spend about 22-24 hours from leaving your accommodation to arriving in Cardiff including transfers and scheduled “comfort stops” between peaks.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness and weather conditions.
To participate in this challenge for Breast Cancer Now there is a non-refundable registration fee of £99 per person, payable to Maximum Adventure at the time of booking. You can then choose between the two different options below.
*Select funding option from the “optional extras” during booking.
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Transport between Manchester and Snowdon with pickups en route
- Transport between the 3 peaks
- Drop offs in Cardiff after the challenge has finished.
- One nights' twin room accommodation with breakfast before the challenge. (Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aider.
- Travel to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Evening meals, lunches and beverages
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Personal equipment (e.g. walking boots, rucksack, waterproof jacket and trousers, torch, hat and gloves)
Book a bespoke event on any date
We run the Welsh 3 Peak Challenge as an open or bespoke event. Our open events run monthly every Friday to Sunday from May to October. For bookings of 6 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing. To book any number of participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.