Breast Cancer Now - Ben Nevis Summer Ascent
- Duration: Weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain stands at 1,344m high and is located in the Western Highlands of Scotland. This is a magnificent mountain with 360 degrees of stunning scenery
- Distance – 11 miles (18km)
- Ascent – 1,329m (4,359ft)
- Summit – 1,344m (4,408ft)
- 1 days' guiding by an experienced mountain leader on Ben Nevis
- 2 nights' accommodation
- We run this trip between May and October, however you can do the 'Ben' in winter to experience some winter mountaineering, see Ben Nevis - Winter
- Many years’ experience on Ben Nevis - we also adhere to the mountain code and work with the John Muir Trust to ensure the conservation of ‘The Ben'
How to book in support of Breast Cancer Now
To register for this challenge there is a non-refundable registration fee of £99 per person, payable to Maximum Adventure at the time of booking. You can then choose between the two different options below.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person per night
- Extra night £75.00 per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night £95.00 per night for single room accommodation
Walk OnlyIf you would like to do this challenge as a Walk Only (no accommodation) please contact us at the office.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies with whom to do a Ben Nevis Summer Ascent. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this Ben Nevis Summer Ascent over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1: Make your way to Fort William and your accommodation. Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide.
Day 2: Breakfast and then short taxi transfer to the base of Ben Nevis. Climb Ben Nevis following a route from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre. Return to your accommodation for a relaxing evening.
Day 3: Depart after a hearty breakfast to make your way home.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, and weather conditions. Please aim to arrive at your accommodation the Friday afternoon/evening in time for the evening briefing at 8pm and to be ready for the start of the hike the next day.
To do this challenge for a charity there is a non-refundable registration fee of £99 per person, payable to Maximum Adventure at the time of booking. You can then choose between the two different options below.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge Pay £99 registration fee at the time of booking and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option, you must submit 80% of your fundraising target to the charity 10 weeks before the departure date.
*Select funding option from the “optional extras” during booking.
For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check
- Two nights' twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person per night
- Travel to and from Fort William
- Lunches/evening meals and beverages
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
Book a bespoke event on any date
We run the Ben Nevis Summer Ascent as an open or bespoke event. Our
open events run fortnightly every Friday to Sunday from May to the end
of October. For bookings of 6 people or more, we also run this as an
exclusive event on the dates of your choosing. To book any number of
participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and
follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated
confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.