Autistica Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Duration: Weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
To complete this route is to undertake one of the great outdoor challenges in the UK. It will be a tough day, but worth it for that feeling of satisfaction upon completion
- Guiding by experienced mountain leaders
- Total Distance - 37km/23miles
- Ascent: 1381m/4531ft
- Target time: 12 hours
- Amazing scenery in the Yorkshire Dales
- We run this trip between May and October
- Start & finish in Horton-in-Ribblesdale village
Considering doing this challenge for charity?
The Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge is without a doubt one of the most rewarding challenges in the UK. Starting and ending in Horton-in-Ribblesdale you take in the 3 highest peaks in Yorkshire, Pen-y-ghent (694m), Whernside (736m) and Ingleborough (723m). The aim of the challenge is to walk this 25 mile route within 12 hours!
If you would like to participate in this this challenge as a Walk Only (no accommodation) please contact us at the office.
Why Book With Us
We know you have a choice of companies with which to book your Yorkshire 3 Peaks. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
We normally run this challenge over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday: Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check.
Day 2 – Saturday: We aim to set out walking at 7am. Following our chosen route we ascend Pen y Ghent, Whernside & Ingleborough before making our final descent back to Horton-in-Ribblesdale. Evening meal & celebratory drinks will be in order!
Day 3 – Sunday: Depart after breakfast.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. Every effort is made to fit the course around your needs and abilities.
How to take part for CharityPay a £99 deposit and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. You can join any of our open Yorkshire 3 Peaks just select the date of your choice opposite and enter the name of your chosen charity in the group/charity section. For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person per night
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to fully enjoy the following day
- Travel to the start and finish points of the trip
- Lunches, evening meals and beverages.
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
Book a bespoke event on any date
We run the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge as an open or bespoke event. Our open events run fortnightly Friday to Sunday from May to the end of October. For bookings of 8 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing. To book any number of participants on to an event, simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course. Here's a list of the open events we have planned for 2019:
- Fri 10 May - 12 May - Open event
- Fri 24 May - 26 May - Open event
- Fri 07 June - 09 June - Open event
- Fri 21 June - 23 June - Open event
- Fri 19 July - 21 July - Open event
- Fri 02 Aug - 04 Aug - Open event
- Fri 16 Aug - 18 Aug - Open event
- Fri 30 Aug - 01 Sep - Open event
- Fri 14 Sept - 16 Sept - Open event
- Fri 28 Sept - 30 Sept - Open event
- Fri 12 Oct - 14 Oct - Open event
- Fri 26 Oct - 28 Oct - Open event