Dystonia - Snowdon (SNW2)
- Duration: Weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- April, May, June, July, August, September, October
About this Adventure
Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) at 1,085m high is the highest mountain in Wales, surrounded by the Snowdonia National Park. It is steeped in history and protected by rocky ridges making Snowdon a unique mountain, one of the few places on Earth where the Snowdon Lily (Lloydia Serotina) can be found. 1953 saw a British team attempt Mount Everest, the highest and mightiest of all mountains. Where did they train and practice their skills? Snowdon. This is your opportunity to experience the same emotions and admire the same amazing vistas, just like that early Everest team
- Distance – 7.5 miles (12km)
- Ascent – 2385ft / 727 metres
- Summit – 3559ft / 1085 metres
- 1 days' guiding by an experienced mountain leader
- 2 nights' accommodation
- We run this trip between April and October, however if you want to experience this during winter - just ask!
- Many years experience in Snowdonia
- You need a reasonable level of fitness
Walk Only Trips
- Single Room Supplement £55.00 per person
- Extra night £75.00 per night for twin accommodation
- Extra night £95.00 per night for single room accommodation
Why Book With Us
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your adventure/challenge and will do our best to make it an enjoyable experience
- We have many repeat clients stretching back over a number of years
We normally run this trip over a weekend, arriving Friday, walking Saturday and leaving on Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time then please contact us. A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday: Make your own way to your accommodation which will be in either Betws-Y-Coed or Llanberis. Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide.
Day 2 - Saturday: Breakfast and then a taxi transfer to the beginning of your walk ready for a 9.00am start. Climb Snowdon via the Pyg and Miners Tracks from Pen-y-pass. Return transfer to your accommodation for a relaxing evening.
Day 3 - Sunday: Depart after a hearty breakfast to make your way home.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, and weather conditions.
Please aim to arrive at your accommodation the Friday afternoon/evening in time for the evening briefing at 8pm and to be ready for the start of the hike the next day.
The Dystonia Society was established in 1983 by a small group of people affected by dystonia, and the aims and mission of those original founders are the core of our work today.
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need the following day
- Two nights twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement
- Transfer from accommodation to the start of the walk and transfer back to accommodation
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aider.
- Travel to your accommodation on Day 1 and away from your accommodation on Day 3.
- Lunches/evening meals and beverages
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Personal equipment (e.g. walking boots, rucksack, waterproof jacket and trousers, torch, hat and gloves)
Book a bespoke event on any dateOur Snowdon Summer Ascent is available on date from April to October. Bookings can be made for groups of two participants upwards. The package includes accommodation the night before and after your climb. Our itinerary begins on the night you arrive at your accommodation. Choose your preferred dates from the calendar and hit Book Now.
Walk Only Price £99: If you would like to do this challenge as a Walk Only (no accommodation), please select Walk Only from the Optional Extras when booking.