he Three Peaks Challenge is an attempt to climb the highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales in ‘one go’. These peaks are Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England, and Snowdon in Wales. We complete them in that order on our open events. Other bespoke options are available.
We travel to Fort William on the Friday, starting with Ben Nevis on the Saturday morning, climb Scafell Pike that night and finish Snowdon on Sunday in Wales! This is a tough event and people participating should have the necessary fitness and also be prepared to do without sleep! We aim to complete the event in 24 hours – To do this we need to complete Ben Nevis in 5 hours, Scafell Pike in 4 hours and Snowdon in 4 hours, however this will depend upon the speed of the group. The standard for measuring your official total time on the event is mountain time plus a fixed 10 hr drive time.
The course is guided by qualified mountain leaders and our driver will be with you all of the way! We have very many years experience delivering this challenge and over the years thousands of people have completed their event with us. We would be delighted if we can help you with yours. If you want to do this challenge but benefit from sleep in between we offer this event over more relaxed time scales. For further details see our 3 Day 3 Peaks and 5 Day 3 Peaks Trips.
- One night’s twin room accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast
- Transport between Manchester and Ben Nevis with pick-ups en route.
- Transport between the 3 Peaks.
- Drop offs between Snowdon and Manchester after the challenge has finished.
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Travel to the start and finish points of the trip
- Lunches and evening meals, beverages
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Single Room Supplement £55.00 per person per night (subject to availability)
Please select from Optional Extras at Checkout
During each road based (North to South) Three Peaks event our transport vehicle does a round trip from Manchester. This means we offer pick up points for you at the following locations:
- Anywhere on the M61, M6, M74 and A82 between Manchester and Fort William
- Manchester Piccadilly Station (approx. 10am)
- Glasgow International airport (not Prestwick, approx. 4pm)
If you are based in the South of the UK we recommend you fly to Glasgow International Airport and then catch the return train from Manchester. This saves you a lot of time in the vehicle. Drop off points are:
- Anywhere on the A55 and M56 between Snowdonia and Manchester
- Manchester Airport
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Alternative pick up and drop off points can be discussed upon request.
Pick up times are the day before the event and drop off is during the afternoon of the event finish. We aim to finish in Snowdon by mid afternoon on the last day of each event, and therefore your drop off should be no later than 6pm on the Sunday evening. However, there are no guarantees as it depends on the speed of your group. If you are making your own way to Fort William for the start of your challenge you should arrive the Friday afternoon/evening in time for the evening briefing and to be ready for the start of the challenge the next day.
We run the 3 peaks challenge as an open or bespoke event.
Our open events run weekly Friday to Sunday from May to the end of October.
For bookings of 8 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing.