Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in Britain and stands 1344m high, rising from sea level at Loch Linnhe and towering over the town of Fort William.
Going from the bottom to the top of the mountain you pass through 4 different vegetation zones. There is snow on the summit for much of the year; indeed it is not uncommon to find 8 feet of snow on the top during April.
Every year we run summer ascents of Ben Nevis, led by qualified mountain leaders. Our ascent from the visitor centre avoids the foreboding cliffs seen in the photographs, and follows a walking route that will take approximately 8 – 10 hrs at a steady pace (the key to progress on a mountain is steady pacing and not speed and pause).
If you are lucky with the weather then the views from the summit, and even from half way up, are quite stunning. On a good day, you can see all the way to the majestic rock spires of The Isle of Skye and looking the other way, down Loch Linnhe to the Irish Sea. The trip is fully guided by an experienced mountain leader with lots of experience on Ben Nevis!
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Evening briefing, route planning and equipment check
- Two nights’ twin room hotel accommodation with breakfast Single rooms are available at a supplement.
- Travel to and from Fort William
- Lunches/evening meals and beverages
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Single Room Supplement £55.00 per person per night (subject to availability)
- Extra night £75.00 per night for twin accommodation (requires two people)
- Extra night £95.00 per night for single room accommodation
If you would like to participate in this challenge as a Walk Only (no accommodation) please contact us at the office.
We run the Ben Nevis Summer Ascent as an open or bespoke event.
Our open events run fortnightly every Friday to Sunday from May to the end of October.
For bookings of 6 people or more, we also run this as an exclusive event on the dates of your choosing.