Travel Safety Advice: Coronavirus

Update #7 – Thursday 26th March 2020

Dear All,

These are tumultuous times for the travel industry.

Global travel advisories, due to the ongoing situation with Coronavirus, mean our activities are by necessity severely curtailed.

Therefore, following guidance from the UK Government, we have taken the decision to temporarily furlough (put on hold) our office.

Our individual emails and phonelines are currently not being monitored.

In order to maintain basic, essential functionality during this time, our office will contact you via two dedicated email addresses regarding the status of a trip you have booked with us and In relation to any outstanding balance for an upcoming trip.

You will be contacted approximately 4-5 weeks before your departure as to the viability and status of your trip. Until then, please assume your course is taking place.

We would like to reassure you that this is only a temporary measure and as soon as the situation allows, our office will reopen and we will begin planning adventures again.

We would like to thank our loyal and supportive clients, all our fantastic business partners as well as, of course, our hardworking and dedicated staff during this time. This period will be over soon and we will be up and at it again before very long.

All the best meanwhile and, most importantly, stay healthy. Don’t mingle. It’s just a short while in the great scheme of things.

With the kindest regards,

Your Maximum Adventure Team.


Update #6 – Friday 20th March 2020

Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) the majority of worldwide travel has come to a halt for the foreseeable future in order to combat the spread of the disease. Many of our service providers are choosing to temporarily close to protect their staff and customers and we completely support them in their decisions.

Everyone here at Maximum Adventure would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding at this challenging time. Your support towards our business is invaluable.

As per our last update, all trips due to begin before the 30th April 2020 have now been postponed and our event planners will be contacting all clients directly to discuss their options. We will be contacting the May and June departures in due course.

The health and safety of our customers, staff and partners remains our highest priority. We understand your disappointment and we appreciate that these are testing times for everyone, however at some point in the future things will change and we look forward to providing you with your adventure then. We are very much looking forward to seeing you all on our trips again soon!

We will continue to update on here as is necessary and we hope that the situation will become much clearer over the coming weeks. In the meantime, please continue to look after yourselves and each other.


Update #5 – Wednesday 18th March 2020

Coronavirus continues to escalate and along with businesses globally, we find ourselves in an unprecedented situation. Our priority is, and always will be, to ensure the safety and well being of our customers, staff and partners.

With this in mind, we have taken the difficult decision to postpone all trips beginning in April. During this week (week commencing 16.03.20) we will write to all clients and partners that this affects. We will continue to monitor the situation and will write to all clients and partners on our May events in due course.

We thank you for your patience and understanding at this very challenging time. Please be assured that if you have a trip booked with us, we will be in touch and will continue to update on the situation as often as we can.


Update #4 – Monday 16th March 2020

We recognise that many of you are becoming increasingly concerned regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. It is a rapidly changing situation which is creating huge challenges for the travel industry.

Currently, we are extremely busy dealing with queries relating to upcoming trips. Our team are working really hard to deal with the volume of calls and emails and are working on solutions in order to allow customers to postpone their trips. We will update on this in due course. We are thankful for your patience and understanding at this time and will reply to all queries as soon as we can.

If you have any specific and immediate queries, please contact your event planner directly.


Update #3 – Friday 13th March 2020

We recognise that many of our customers are concerned at the moment, particularly as the situation is changing so quickly. We will try to update information as often as we can and be as clear as possible in what is an unprecedented time.  Our commitment is to ensure that you, our customer, can have a successful event, holiday and/or challenge. Together with our suppliers, who in many instances are family businesses, we will work to achieve this outcome. None of our trips are currently in any zones subject to UK travel advice to not travel to and therefore, for reference:

  • Should you wish to cancel your trip prior to your trip start date, our usual terms and conditions will apply. We would recommend speaking to your travel insurance company for advice on recovering any cancellations costs;
  • If you wish to move your trip to a different date, please contact us to verify if it is possible. This would be subject to a change charge to be decided by Maximum Adventure on a case by case basis.

If you have any other concerns relating to the above, please contact the office on [email protected], +44 17683 71289 or speak to your event planner directly.


Update #2 – Wednesday 11th March 2020

The spread of Coronavirus is continuing to dominate headlines worldwide. We recognise that the ongoing situation is unsettling and some of you may have concerns about your trip.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is currently advising:

  • Against all travel to Hubei Province, China
  • Against all but essential travel to the rest of mainland China
  • Against all travel to Daegu, Cheongdo and Gyeongsan in South Korea
  • Against all but essential travel to Italy

Once again we would like to reassure you that there is very little or no impact on customers traveling with us and we continue to monitor official advice on a daily basis. We continue to operate as normal and are working together with our suppliers to ensure that you have a great trip.


Update #1 – Monday 2nd March 2020

We appreciate that many of you may be concerned about the ongoing situation with Coronavirus. The health of our customers is of the utmost importance to us and we are closely monitoring the situation daily.

Coronavirus originated in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Cases have since been confirmed in all provinces in China. As a result of this, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) have advised against all travel to Hubei Province and all but essential travel to the rest of Mainland China. Since then, an increasing number of cases have been confirmed worldwide.

Currently, there is little or no impact on customers travelling with us. We continue to operate as normal and for the destinations we are currently operating in, our normal terms and conditions will apply.

If the government advise against all travel to any destination where we operate within 14 days (non-UK based trips) or 7 days (UK based trips) of the trip start date, we will cancel the trip. We will then contact all customers directly.

Additionally, we want to reassure you that we are conducting checks with our suppliers to assess the situation independently on a regular basis and will make any other alterations to your trip as deemed necessary. At present, none of the destinations that we operate in are subject to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advice to not travel to.

Please revisit this page for any future updates or contact our office on +44 17683 71289 or [email protected] should you have any further concerns.