Rainbow Trust Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Duration: Long weekend
- Walks and Treks
- Top Trips
- Charity Events
- Available During: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct
About this Adventure
When serious illness affects a child, family life is turned upside down and time becomes more precious than ever. Rainbow Trust pairs each family with a dedicated expert Family Support Worker to help them face and make the most of each new day
- Guiding by experienced mountain leaders
- Total Distance - 37km/23 miles
- Ascent: 1381m/4531ft.
- Target time: 12 hours.
- Amazing scenery through the Yorkshire Dales.
- We run this trip between April and October.
- Start & finish in Horton-in-Ribblesdale village.
Minimum Sponsorship Pledge £99 registration fee at the time of booking £350 minimum fundraising target 80% to be raised 10 weeks before departure. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option you must submit 80% of your fundraising target to Rainbow Trust 10 weeks before your event departure date.
- Single Room Supplement £45.00 per person
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading for 12 years
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We try to give you the best service we can
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to facilitate it
- We have many repeat clients stretching back many years
Friday - Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check.
A typical itinerary looks like this:
Day 1 - Friday
Arrive early evening at your accommodation in the Horton-in- Ribblesdale area. Evening briefing session and equipment check.
Day 2 – Saturday
We aim to set out walking at 8am. Following our chosen route we ascend Pen y Ghent, Whernside & Ingleborough before making our final descent back to Horton-in-Ribblesdale. Evening meal & celebratory drinks will be in order!
Day 3 – Sunday
Depart after breakfast.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members' fitness, weather conditions, accommodation availability, or for any other reason the guide may deem necessary. Every effort is made to fit the course around your needs and abilities.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast. Single rooms are available at a supplement of £45 per person
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check to ensure you have everything you need to fully enjoy the following day
- Travel to the start and finish points of the trip
- Lunches, evening meals and beverages.
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)