The source of the River Rhone is the Rhone Glacier, located in the high Alpine region of Switzerland. This trip follows the river from its source in the Alps to the capital of Switzerland, Geneva. Cycle from the summit of the Furka Pass through deep gorges and picturesque alpine villages before reaching the magnificent Lake Geneva. Cycling is a great way to explore this region, allowing you to really take your time and experience the local culture. Sample the fine local delicacies at farms and vineyards and discover some amazing wines and cheeses along the way. We provide you with GPX files, a guidebook and take all the stress out of organising a cycling holiday, you just turn up and ride! This trip follows the upper section of the Rhone, we also offer trips along the full length of the river as it flows down through France into the Mediterranean.
- 6 nights’ accommodation in good quality B&Bs or hotels with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast
- Fully planned out route with directions and daily distances
- Preparation advice on fitness/gear before your ride
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- Luggage transfers between hotels
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment. Please contact us for bike hire details
- Bus transfer from Oberwald up the Furka Pass
- Transport to Oberwald and from Geneva
- Single Room Supplement £75 per person per night (subject to availability)
- Extra night in Oberwald prior to start (twin room, needs 2 people) £90 per person
- Extra night in Oberwald prior to start (single room) £145 per person
- Extra night in Geneva at end of event (twin room, needs 2 people) £90 per person
- Extra night in Geneva at end of event (single room) £145 per person
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
If you would like a rest day (or more!) included in your itinerary please get in touch with our team.
If you would like to organise a group event with van support please contact our team for availability.
Included in a supported trip:
- Mechanical assistance
- Navigation support
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Group first aid kit
Need a guide?
If you would like a guide to lead the way, then we are happy to help and can provide a qualified cycle leader, also trained in first aid. Having a guide with you will not only take the stress out of navigation, but can also be a great asset in providing an insight into all things cycling.
We run the River Rhone Cycle – Furka Pass to Geneva as a self-guided or fully supported event.
To book as a self-guided trip simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.
If you would like to book as a fully supported trip and/or cycle leader please contact our team.