Why not join our guided ascent of the mighty Snowdon and fundraise for Woodlands Hospice! At 1,085m high, Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) is the highest mountain in Wales, surrounded by the Snowdonia National Park. It is steeped in history and protected by rocky ridges making Snowdon a unique mountain, one of the few places on Earth where the Snowdon Lily (Lloydia Serotina) can be found. 1953 saw a British team attempt Mount Everest, the highest and mightiest of all mountains. Where did they train and practice their skills? Snowdon.
We offer guided ascents every Saturday from May – October so all you need to do is choose the date that suits you and we’ll do all the hard work. As well as a qualified mountain leader, you will be supported by our dedicated team to make sure your experience is fun and safe whilst helping you achieve your goals. Snowdon offers stunning scenery and this is your opportunity to experience the same emotions and admire the same amazing vistas, just like that early Everest team!
- Distance – 7.5 miles (12km)
- Ascent – 2385ft / 727 metres
- Summit – 3559ft / 1085 metres
- 1 days’ guiding by an experienced mountain leader
- We run this trip between May and October, however if you want to experience this during winter – just ask!
- Many years experience in Snowdonia
- You need a reasonable level of fitness
About & Details
Our ascent will take approximately 5 -7 hrs at a steady pace (the key to progress on a mountain) as we negotiate a route up the mountain via the Pyg Track from Pen-y-pass, skirting below the knife edged arête of Crib Goch and high above Llyn Llydaw & Glaslyn. The spectacular scenery entices us to gain ever more height, until finally we are treated to the ultimate view from the roof of Wales. Anglesey, the Menai Strait, Cardigan Bay, and the plains of England. The descent takes us down the Miners Track past the lapping waters of Llyn Llydaw & Glaslyn to return to Pen-y-pass.
Book your adventure
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aider
- Lunches/evening meals and beverages
- Personal Insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Personal equipment (e.g. walking boots, rucksack, waterproof jacket and trousers, torch, hat and gloves)
Accommodation £90.00 per night for twin accommodation (requires two people)
Accommodation £145.00 per night for single room accommodation
Please select from Optional Extras at Checkout
Guided Ascent Departures
We run Snowdon guided ascents every Saturday from May to the end of October. To book any number of participants on to an event, simple select the date in the calendar and following the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.
Package and Bespoke options
If you would like to book this challenge as a package (accommodation included), or as a bespoke event, please contact our travel experts.
This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, course members’ fitness, and weather conditions.
Find some of the reviews our wonderful customers have left for us below, or read them all here!
About Woodlands Hospice
Woodlands Hospice is dedicated to providing hospice care for the people of North Liverpool, South Sefton and Kirkby in Knowsley.
Our Website: www.woodlandshospice.org
Our Charity Number: 1048934
How to take part for Charity
For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
Maximum Adventure work with lots of charities to offer our events as fundraising opportunities. You can find our Charity Events from the ‘Menu’ in the corner of your screen or from our homepage. If your chosen charity is not listed, please contact us and we will be happy to approach them on your behalf.
With the self-funding fundraising method, you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for the charity.
Why book with us
We know you have a choice of companies providing trips for your next adventures. Here are some of the reasons you should choose to travel with Maximum Adventure:
- We are an established adventure travel business
- We have been trading since 2002
- We are financially protected in accordance with the 1992 travel regulation
- Knowledgeable and available office staff
- Qualified leaders and guides with ascents ranging from Ben Nevis to Mount Everest
- All activities are risk assessed
- We will provide you with the best service available
- We are aware this is your holiday/your challenge and will do our best to make it an enjoyable and rewarding experience
- We have many repeat clients stretching back over a number of years
20+ years adventure organisation experience Full liability & financial protection Leading provider of high quality adventure challenges Great team of staff to support you