What is a Self-Guided Walking Holiday?
Our Self-Guided Walking holidays give you the freedom to walk by yourself (without a guide), but with the comfort of having our adventure experts look after the organisation and planning of the route, accommodation and other logistics. It is the perfect stress-free holiday allowing you and your bubble to get away from it all, safely socially distance, and enjoy the peace and quiet of the amazing trails across the UK.
Who can do a Self-Guided Walking Holiday?
- Families, couples, individuals and groups of friends (anyone really) that would like to go on a walking or cycling holiday but don’t have the time to plan, research and book all the other things that go into that kind of holiday.
- People who want no-stress holiday planning.
- People who want to know that the accommodation will be good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast included.
Why wouldn’t I just do those things myself?
- Time! It’s seriously time-consuming to research the area and book all the accommodation, transfers etc. Much more convenient to have it done for you.
- It takes away the ‘hassle-factor’ for all you busy people.
- If you don’t know the area, and especially if you travel from overseas, it’s good to have our local knowledge.
- We have tried and tested accommodation, and if we wouldn’t stay there, we wouldn’t ask you to.
- You will have a central contact in the office for asking all of the little questions in advance and the security/confidence of having someone on call during the actual trip.
To take the stress out of your trip with expert local knowledge, hand-picked accommodation, luggage transfers and detailed support to help you find your way.
What do I need to do?
You will need to bring your full walking kit, including a waterproof jacket and trousers, a small rucksack for food, water and extra layers, and of course comfortable walking boots. We ask you to get to a certain point where you will be collected and the trip will begin. We then drop you back at an agreed point after the trip is over.
If you have any questions about any of our trips please get in touch.
Our Top Self Guided Trips
West Highland Way 7 Night
Hadrian’s Wall 7 Night
Coast to Coast 12 Night