This route is part of the National Cycle Network, administered by Sustrans. It is designated route Nos. 71 and 7, and is signposted throughout. About half of the route is traffic-free, while half is along small country roads. A small amount is on main roads. It is possible to do the whole trip on roads, but incorporating the off-road sections is recommended, and the following description includes them. The 3-day itinerary makes for a fun-packed trip, which is quite doable for the average cyclist. The most severe section is an off-road ascent up a steep track to Hartside summit between Penrith and Alston. The overnights are in Whitehaven, Greystoke, and Allenheads.
- Professional Event Organisation
- Qualified and experienced cycle leader(s)
- Three nights’ accommodation twin room hotel with breakfast or B&B
- Baggage and equipment transfers (This is limited to 1 bag per person, however extra bags can be transferred at a small supplement)
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Public and Product liability insurance is included. Participants must have their own accident and travel insurance
- Financial Protection: in the unlikely event of insolvency, all our trips are protected in accordance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations.
- Bike hire; but this can be accommodated on request.
- Personal accident and travel insurance.
- Lunch and dinner on the trip
Please note: all participants should have insurance for travel and equipment to be covered during your ride and in transit
- Single Room Supplement £55 per person per night (subject to availability)
- Extra night in Whitehaven prior to start (twin room, needs 2 people) £75 per person
- Extra night in Whitehaven prior to start (single room) £95 per person
- Extra night in Sunderland at end of event (twin room, needs 2 people) £75 per person
- Extra night in Sunderland at end of event (single room) £95 per person
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
We normally run this trip over a weekend, Friday to Sunday, however if you would like to do this at any other time, including midweek, then please contact us.