How to take part for Dystonia
To participate in this challenge for Dystonia there is a non-refundable registration fee, payable to Maximum Adventure at the time of booking. You can then choose between the two different options below.
- Self-Funding – Pay a registration fee at the time of booking then the balance due 10 weeks before departure. With the self-funding option, you personally cover the full cost of the challenge. This option means that there is no minimum sponsorship target due, but we encourage you to raise as much money as you can for the charity.
- Minimum Sponsorship Pledge – Pay a registration fee at the time of booking and confirm with your charity their minimum fundraising requirements for the balance. This will typically be double the cost of the adventure, less the registration fee. With the minimum sponsorship pledge option, you must submit 80% of your fundraising target to the charity 10 weeks before the departure date.
For more details of how fundraising works please read our step by step guide here or contact us for help.
About The Dystonia Society
The Dystonia Society was established in 1983 by a small group of people affected by dystonia, and the aims and mission of those original founders are the core of our work today.
Our mission is a world without dystonia. To achieve this mission, we aim to support and advocate for people living with the impact of dystonia to ensure they experience the best quality of life for all of their life whilst we drive forward towards critically needed treatments and ultimately a cure.
We do this by:
- raising awareness of all forms of the debilitating set of conditions known as dystonia
- by supporting and advocating for those affected by a diagnosis of dystonia through our support and advocacy services and local support group network
- by facilitating research into critical advances in treatments and ultimately the search for a cure.
The Dystonia Society was formally registered as a charity (no. 1062595) in 1984 and also as a company limited by guarantee (no. 3309777). The Board of Trustees are elected by the membership of the charity and the Society has a Staff Team to carry out the day to day work of the organisation.