Beginning in Overton Hill just outside the World Heritage Site of Avebury, the Ridgeway stretches 87 miles to Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire. The trail has a captivating history, dating back thousands of years, remnants of which you will see on your journey, from Iron Age Forts to White Horses carved into chalky hillsides. The western half of the trail in particular is surprisingly remote and follows uncrowded paths through the North Wessex Downs – perfect for those of you who just want to get away from it all! On your way, you will encounter broadleaved woodlands, wide open skies, quaint villages and remarkable historic sites, before taking in the spectacular, far-reaching views from the end point at Ivinghoe Beacon.
We take the stress out of your trip with expert local knowledge, hand-picked accommodation, luggage transfers and detailed support to help you find your way. You will need full walking kit including a waterproof jacket and trousers, a comfortable day sack and comfortable walking boots. You will receive a more detailed kit list upon booking.
The price for this trip is based on 2 people sharing.
- 8 nights’ accommodation in a good quality B&B or hotel with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast
- Luggage transfers each walking day
- Map and guide book plus detailed directions to your accommodation from the trail
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Professional event organisation
- Travel to the start and finish points of the trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Guiding (please contact us if you would like this trip to be guided)
- Single room supplement £35 per person per night (subject to availability)
- Solo traveler supplement £35 per person per night
- Odd group supplement £35 per group per night
- Extra night prior to start (single room) £95 per person
- Extra night prior to the start (twin room, needs 2 people) £75 per person
- Extra night at the end of the event (single room) £95 per person
- Extra night at the end of the event (twin room, needs 2 people) £75 per person
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
Getting There and Back
By Air: The nearest airports are London Heathrow and Bristol.
By Rail / Bus: The closest railway station to Overton Hill is Swindon which has regular services from London Paddington. From here you can then take the number 49 Stagecoach bus to Avebury (around a 30 minute journey).
By Air: The nearest airports to Tring is London Luton which offers both domestic and international flights. Luton can be reached either by taxi, bus or train.
By Rail / Bus: If you wish to depart via train, you will need to retrace your steps to Tring, either via the Ridgeway or an alternative route. You can also take the bus – please visit https://www.traveline.info/ for more information. Tring is on the West Coast mainline and has services to London, Birmingham, the North and Scotland.