The route starts in the city of Vienna, a classic European capital city, known for its historic buildings and architecture. As you leave the city, follow the Danube through quiet Austrian towns and villages before reaching the Slovak capital of Bratislava. Enjoy sightseeing in the city before continuing through Slovakia and into Hungry. Cycling is a great way to explore this region, allowing you to really take your time and experience the local culture. Reaching Budapest you will certainly have earnt a beer, be sure to explore this vibrant city before you leave. We provide you with GPX files, a guidebook and take all the stress out of organising a cycling holiday, you just turn up and ride! We also offer trips along other sections of the river as it flows towards the Black sea.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in good quality B&Bs or hotels with ensuite or private bathroom and breakfast
- Fully planned out route with directions and daily distances
- Preparation advice on fitness/gear before your ride
- Expert local knowledge and 24 hour emergency assistance during your trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- Luggage transfers between hotels
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Bike and bike equipment. Please contact us for bike hire details
- Ferry crossings
- Transport to Vienna and from Budapest
- Single Room Supplement £75 per person per night (subject to availability)
- Extra night in Vienna prior to start (twin room, needs 2 people) £90 per person
- Extra night in Vienna prior to start (single room) £145 per person
- Extra night in Budapest at end of event (twin room, needs 2 people) £90 per person
- Extra night in Budapest at end of event (single room) £145 per person
Please select from Optional Extras at checkout.
If you would like a rest day (or more!) included in your itinerary please get in touch with our team.
If you would like to organise a group event with van support please contact our team for availability.
Included in a supported trip:
- Mechanical assistance
- Navigation support
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Group first aid kit
Need a guide?
If you would like a guide to lead the way, then we are happy to help and can provide a qualified cycle leader, also trained in first aid. Having a guide with you will not only take the stress out of navigation, but can also be a great asset in providing an insight into all things cycling.
We run the River Danube Cycle – Vienna to Budapest as a self-guided or fully supported event.
To book as a self-guided trip simply select the date in the calendar and follow the booking procedure. You will then receive an automated confirmation and full details will follow from our office in due course.
If you would like to book as a fully supported trip and/or cycle leader please contact our team.